The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Normally I'm really unimpressed with Dover and love Smartpak but...

Dover has some reallllllly good closeout deals right now.

Fleeceworks saddle pad from 190 on sale to 80 (size 16-16.5), Vespucci bridle from 230 on sale to 80 (pony size though). I usually scoff Dover for its shipping fees but constantly checking Smartpak's sale lists and seeing nothing really worthy (or discounted that much) is discouraging... Dover is rocking it right now!
    “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”
    -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by hydro101 View Post
    Dover has some reallllllly good closeout deals right now.

Fleeceworks saddle pad from 190 on sale to 80 (size 16-16.5), Vespucci bridle from 230 on sale to 80 (pony size though). I usually scoff Dover for its shipping fees but constantly checking Smartpak's sale lists and seeing nothing really worthy (or discounted that much) is discouraging... Dover is rocking it right now!
    Their $100 Rambo is a good deal, too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed by Smartpak's sale section....1) there's not really anything there, and 2) the prices are not that good. I am loving all of the end-of-the-year sales at other places, with prices slashed, particularly as I am already breaking my New Year's Resolution and considering adding another horse to the herd, who will need new things...

GoForAGallop, any other places you know that have amazing deals going on? You hinted earlier...

It is SO HARD not to buy a dressage saddle when they're 50 and 60% off at Dover... I 'need' one very badly - my boyfriend says otherwise... ...

And I agree with your Smartpak assessment. I've been checking them for months, but have expanded my efforts to other places.
    “There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”
    -Winston Churchill

I'm also very sad with the SmartPak sales this year. So many things NOT on their sales list. I wanted some BOT pillow wraps and was planning on purchasing them at the Black Friday sale - but they said that brand wasn't allowed to be discounted further. Funny...I could get them from BOB through their Black Friday sale. Sadly, I bought something else at SmartPak and didn't have the money to but the BOT then!

I love SmartPak and their customer service, but their lack of sales and small selection is making me sad. They try to cater to the western riders, but then don't have anything western anywhere in their catalog!
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.