The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    San Jose, Ca

Default Tack Shops in the Denver CO Area?

The Mr. and I will be in Denver CO over the new years holiday.

I also happen to be saddle shoping, and would love to find some stores with good selections to sit on, and maybe even take one home!

I see that Dover now has a tack store in the Denver area (we will have a rental car, and are willing to do a little driving). Is there anywhere else we most check out?

Fort Collins, Colorado

Hmmmmm -- for great used saddle shopping, with a TON of saddles, try "Once Upon a Horse" in Castle Rock, just south of Denver. Lots of english saddles for all disciplines. Western saddles too.

In Parker, also south of Denver, there is a new Dover store, as well as "A Bit of Tack".

In Lafayette, a suburb of Denver, don't miss "The Tack Collection", which also has a bunch of saddles. I believe they specialize in Dressage.

There WAS a great place in Franktown -- Horse and Hound -- but it has closed, so if its still listed in a ghostly internet site, don't waste your time.
    Nothing with horses is ever easy or cheap. And if it is, you're doing it wrong. They always rip out part of your soul when they leave. I guess that's how they find us later.

Default Bit of Tack!!!

Oh my! Was in Denver a couple of years ago and stopped here. Absolutely loved it! Very nice owner. Very good quality merchandise. Bought some winter gloves, still wearing them, love them.

Parker, Colorado

If you want to look at used, try Tanner's, which is located in the same strip as Bit of Tack, just right behind and on the lower level.

There is a brand new Dover right by the super target in Parker! I always try to go to BoT first but Dover is nice to have too

And to really spread the joy, we have a new Murdochs farm store as well. I am like a pig in you know what!!
    where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

I found my saddle at Once Upon A Horse in Castle Rock. The gal was very nice to work with and helpful, and they had quite a few used saddles! I give them a thumbs up (and 4 mos later am VERY pleased with my saddle).

Not sure about tack, but our honeymoon was in Colorado, and on the way to Estes Park in the rented convertible, my wife screamed "GET OFF THE HIGHWAY NOW!!!" I thought "Jesus, a plane crash..." saw my hole and darted over 3 lanes to the offramp.

She had just seen Sheplers... I got to try on and fall in love with Ariat Ropers, and she got a pair of Cobalt paddock boots. We proceed to break them in all over the Rockies
    Nudging "Almost Heaven" a little closer still...