The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Other current movies (not War Horse)

I saw The Artist today and can highly recommend it. I wasn't quite sure what to expect going in, knowing only that it is a modern silent movie and has been praised both here and at the Cannes Film Festival earlier this year.

It is charming, beautifully filmed in B&W, and features a Jack Russell terrier who is a fantastic little actor in an excellent cast.

Any other recommendations?

(Cough) To go to the opposite end... the Sherlock Holmes sequel was very fun. And features Holmes astride a small pony he later describes as Satanic. And the line "Horses are dangerous at both ends and crafty in the middle." And, you know, Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law.

I saw Moneyballs a couple weeks ago. I knew it was a very baseball movie but wasn't expecting it to be quite some many stats and super detailed baseball stuff. But still really enjoyed it. Had me on the edge of my seat a few times.

Australia is clearly not a baseball country since there was only 2 other people in the theatre and was only had one showing a day at 11am and this was the first or second week it was out.

P.

I also suggest Sherlock Holmes. It was very funny and entertaining throughout the movie. The pony scene was hilarious!

I want to see MI:3, J. Edgar and We Bought a Zoo.

I saw Mission Impossible the other day. It was a very fun popcorn movie. Some of the stunts are just incredible. Tom Cruise is crazy, and if there was any doubt, he does those stunts himself! It makes for a good movie, though. I don't know how on earth they got insurance coverage for the film's production.

I want to see The Descendants and The Artist.

We saw Sherlock Holmes today and thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot is a little thin, but Robert Downey Jr is so engaging I didn't care.

My list for the rest of the week (aka Movie-Palooza) is: We bought a zoo, MI, New Year's Eve and My Week with Marilyn. I've already seen Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (good, very graphic) and War Horse (good, but pretty tough to watch at times, it is after all a WAR movie).
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

Saw Mission Impossible on Saturday and it was fun.

Today, went to see 'We Bought A Zoo.' Very good. And I have kleenex left over for 'War Horse.'