The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Help me pick my Christmas present?

So as kind of our 'big' Christmas present this year, my parents told my brother and me that we could each attend the sporting event of our choice! For my brother this will probably be some kind of football/soccer game or playoff or something, but I'm really undecided as to what kind of horsey event to pick! The only rules are that it must be within the next 12 months, and it can't be too far away (within the eastern half of the US). I am absolutely SO excited and thankful to my parents for the opportunity. I haven't actually looked at what dates and such will work, but I would love it if you guys could give me some suggestions! Right now I'm thinking maybe a big night/special class at WEF or something in KY this summer? But my brother suggested the Kentucky Derby which I'm sure would also be quite a lot of fun....

Well don't know dates or many places down the east side but there is Kentucky Rolex 4* three day eventing. Pretty sure that is april.

P.

Quote Originally Posted by Polydor View Post
    Well don't know dates or many places down the east side but there is Kentucky Rolex 4* three day eventing. Pretty sure that is april.

P.
    That was my first thought.

There are plenty of jumping options, of course. I'd probably see if I could pick something in Florida to catch a GP and a dressage freestyle around the same time, or something like that, if it can be more than a single event... I keep hearing winter in Florida is worth going to even if not competing!

That's such a cool gift from your parents - I'm sure you'll make a good choice, and would love to hear what you pick!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed