The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default COTHers invite COTHers to Christmas dinner if they are alone this year....

Last minute, I know. But, I was thinking that there seem to be a number of fellow COTHers who are, for one reason or another, spending Christmas alone this year.

And plenty of us are cooking Christmas dinner for lots of people.

How about we who are cooking invite a COTHer who is alone this year to join us for dinner?

If you are spending Christmas alone this year and would not be offended to be invited to dinner by a fellow COTHer, post here where you are located. Then those COTHers in the area can invite you to join them.

It wouldn't guarantee that everyone gets an invite, but I think so many would that it is worth the effort.

Come on. Let us know if you are spending Christmas alone and would be willing to join a fellow COTHer for Christmas.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

My so daughter and i are in ellensburg wa, anyone alone in this area is more than welcome to join us.

Am alone in the house this year, but going to "The Home" to be with my mother for Christmas dinner. Woot! Woot! Then coming back here to sack out on the couch. Son is with new girlfriend - they were here for Thanksgiving - at her parents' for Christmas.

And best thing about no sig other anymore this year? Not spending so much on him!!

Great idea, though! If I'm here next year, I may just host a dinner and have everyone show up!
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I'm hanging out alone-ish this year. I'm at a friends house but she is going elsewhere. The only plan I have for sure is to go see War Horse. Anyone want to join me???
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

I'm in NJ, but thinking I might do the WarHorse thing too.

Certainly if you are in the Houston area, you are welcome to join us at Sonesta Farms. Just email me and I'll give you directions.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

If you are alone in Lexington, KY you are welcomed to come eat, ride, hang out, or go see War Horse at 9 45 at Movie Tavern or possibly 7 25 at Hamburg tonight. My cell is 615 969 8994.
    Lauren
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

I'm in NJ, but with a caveat- I am dog sitting and she can't be left alone, AND she is untrustworthy around small animals. So we're not the best guests. But have car and canine, will travel for foods!
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

Maybe this type of thread should go up during the thanksgiving off topic day so people can arrange ahead of time so noone is left out...
    Friend of bar .ka

Quote Originally Posted by jennywho View Post
    My so daughter and i are in ellensburg wa, anyone alone in this area is more than welcome to join us.
    Well dang, I read this too late. I'm in Selah. Oh well, I'm farm sitting for three different farms and one dog so it's a busy day for me. Maybe we can meet up sometime in the new year and say hi.
    Crayola Posse - Pine Green
    RIP Whinnie Pine (June 4, 1977 - April 29, 2008)

I will pipe in. I am in Aiken, and don't know that many people.
    So, expected to be alone.
    But, a fellow cother, she knows who she is, had a friend, who I met once a few years ago, invite me for christmas brunch.
    Not only that, but the hostess gave each of her guests a slew of soaps she made. I am talking wicked cool soap, with lovely scents.

So, yes, Coth linked me with a fellow cother, who in turn linked me with a wonderful woman(who I enjoy) who had us all in for brunch.

I hope everyone had a good day. Holidays can be tough, but I think we all have an expectation of what christmas, or any holiday should be, and it can be so stressful, since expectations can never be lived up to.

As far as my horses, my mare decided to tell and show me how healthy and how much she likes Aiken and the hay here!
    Aye, a 2,000 pound draft mare feeling good is not how you want to greet christmas morning...although, I must say, as naughty as she was(yanking the lead rope and running off), she sure looked beautiful.
    Plus, I am perimeter fenced, so not really going anywhere.
    When my mare feels good, I am a very happy person! Although, my drafts have been unusually rank since leaving my NH farm. I am going to have to do some work in that department.
    Being away from home has had its challenges. But, christmas eve, my farrier called to wish me a happy christmas, and friends have called, who would normally not call me, so its been a much less ack, a holiday(dread, dread, dread) than the last few years.
    Merry Christmas all! I hope for all that the day now almost over, has been good for you. If not, its almost over!
    save lives...spay/neuter/geld

Quote Originally Posted by bumknees View Post
    Maybe this type of thread should go up during the thanksgiving off topic day so people can arrange ahead of time so noone is left out...
    Um, there was a thread like this started on the Thanksgiving OT forum. It pretty much went nowhere, maybe due to being started by an Invisible. Perhaps one of the more popular posters could do us all a favor and start it next year?
    It's 2014. Do you know where your old horse is?

Well, what about New Years? Or even just COTH meet-ups? I'm in the Triangle area of NC and game to meet most any COTHer. Just pm me or email me at jenstout.nc@gmail.com.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Murphys Mom I would love to meet up and anyone else in central wa it is always just the 3 of us for the holidays and I always cook enough for 30 so please don't spend holidays alone

Quote Originally Posted by pony4me View Post
    Um, there was a thread like this started on the Thanksgiving OT forum. It pretty much went nowhere, maybe due to being started by an Invisible. Perhaps one of the more popular posters could do us all a favor and start it next year?
    Ahh guess I missed that one( had just had angiogram so not up to snuff kwim)... Yeah maybe one of the more popular posters ould startit which would not be me as iirc I am a charter member of the Invisibles...
    Friend of bar .ka

Ney years.. Im not the most partying person heck my lazy boy sucks the life out of me somewhere between 9 and 11... BUT if anyone wants for NewYears day dogs get this house up between 2 and 4am every day no tie off for holidays...
    Oh yeah have 5 of those and 1 cat so if have allergies...
    Friend of bar .ka

bumknees--I don't consider you one of the invisibles! I've always like what you have to say and frankly, your COTH name ROCKS!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Default Sorry to hijack, but...

It is certainly not too late to start matching people up for New Years parties!
    And this is the story of your red right ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by jen-s View Post
    bumknees--I don't consider you one of the invisibles! I've always like what you have to say and frankly, your COTH name ROCKS!
    <blush> why thank you...
    Friend of bar .ka