The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Meistersinger, anyone?

Does anyone remember this horse? It seems to me that he was a Trakehner, possibly of the Mikado line? I seem to remember the Abolts' of waters' gift in Maryland had horses by him; does anyone else remember?
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

I happened to visit Water's Gift farm with a friend many years ago. Meistersinger was there at the time and we walked out to his paddock to see him - I remember he just floated up the hill when he saw us and came for a visit. He was a Trakehner. Very beautiful and handsome! I'm afraid I don't remember what happened to him after that but he made a lasting impression on me!
    "If a horse has a "warm" back—loose, supple and oscillating—he can lift the rider...on a "cold" back—low and stiff—the rider achieves nothing other than growing old sitting on it." —Charles de Kunffy

Meistersinger is the dam sire of my young stallion Holster.

http://www.aquafarms.net/holster.html