The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    Those boots look gorgeous! Has anyone ordered fom that website!?
    I have had 4 pairs of Monacos, love them, but the ripper have broken on every pair, in fact my current ones the ripper broke this past week and I'll send them to get fixed... again

I just bought a pair of Mountain Horse, yes Mountain Horse, who knew, tried them on, great fit, multitude of sizes like Monacos and Parlantis and only around $500 at Dover.
    But I'd like to get the Parlantis as well and use the MH boots to school in.
    Just wondering about how long it will take to get them etc... anyone?
    Parlanti's are beautiful boots. Should take 4-6 weeks, depending on time of year and whether factory in Italy is on holiday. Booth set up in Wellington or call corrine or luca directly. Number is on website. They are great to do business with.

Www.arborhillfarmllc.com

Just be aware . . . The "off the rack" Parlanti's are not that tall if you have long long legs. Even the tall size wasn't nearly tall enough. The rep took one look my kid's long legs and said we would need to go custom. Since we couldn't wait for customs, we ended up with a high end Ariat "off the rack" extra tall boot. (Monacos) So far they are holding up well, although I have no illusions that they will last forever.

Based on everyone's comments, I think I'm leaning towards the Ottaviano Aurora's but Smartpak doesn't have them in the right size currently, so we'd have to wait 12 weeks, which unfortunately will be difficult as the current boots have busted a hole in the inside calf and DD can't be without them long enough for a patch job

Quote Originally Posted by ponymom64 View Post
    Based on everyone's comments, I think I'm leaning towards the Ottaviano Aurora's but Smartpak doesn't have them in the right size currently, so we'd have to wait 12 weeks, which unfortunately will be difficult as the current boots have busted a hole in the inside calf and DD can't be without them long enough for a patch job
    What about regular ottavianos? Those are the ones I had posted about, an look like they'd hold up to more riding than the auroras... the only difference being that the auroras are a little softer leather

I'd personally recommend looking into Tucci's...I got mine in July (only took 3-4 weeks, completely custom) and they're amazing - I get so many compliments on them and they have so many custom options (crystals, your name on the heel, etc.) I've never had a pair of boots fit my ankles and my Tucci's fit like gloves.