The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default parlanti's?

Hi everyone! So, I wa thinking about either getting custom Parlanti's or Aria Monaco tall boots when i came across this:
    http://www.equiport.co.uk/products/d...ts__miami/751/
    Converted, they are 578 dollars and the standard shipping says 10$. 588$ is way cheaper than any of the other boots i was considering and was wondering what you guyss thought of the off the rack parlanti's. Do they look the same as customs/what are the differences/how long do they last, etc.
    Thanks so much!

I have tried them on and like them. I ordered a pair last march and still have not received them :/ The dealers that sell them here in the US are less than easy to deal with.

I have several friends who own a pair and love them. They are easy to break in, but if you want them to last, I would not wear them every day. Also, I would recommend getting the extra height, as I have seen way too many people with too short boots. For some reason, the dealers that I have dealt with like to fit them short on people, or they really just don't care. I was adamant about getting the extra height, as there is nothing I hate more that short boots. As far as price goes, that's a good deal there. You will pay about $900 for them here in the US.

These are the ones I'm going for after I checked them out at a tack store! Lovely boots and the leather is supposed to last better than their custom boots! I know some people who have them and love them....and the fact they come in different heights and widths is a bonus!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

I have never tried parlanti's but I do own a pair of ariat monacos, and they are saintly. The leather always looks nice, they have a panel on the inside of your calf that is there for extra grip. The leather is soft as butter, and many say that the zipper bust easy but mine has gotten caught in my zocks before and it was fine. Rumor has it that Ariat put a new heavy duty zipper on them. As soon as I put them on I fell in love because they really contour onto your ankles unlike most boots which bulge out away from your ankle. If your looking for a quality boot the monaco is a great choice, they show off your leg and give it a more elongated elegant look. Plus as a bonus I feel in love with the medallions on the side with the ariat logo on them. Just so you know also when I recieved mine they came with anti-dust bags and their own boot trees. In the box ariat gave me a card telling me to save the box and if I ever have any trouble with them such as a zipper bust, worn out heel, they will replce the boots or repair them depending on how bad the damage. Which is great and they should do that considering the fact that they are $900 boots. Most boots also give yout that terrible pain in the back of your knee while your breaking them in, these felt like they were already broken in, no ankle pain, no back of the knee pain. I could just ride in them right away. They also don't drop very much too so when you buy them what you see is basically what your get. Once again I very highly reccomend these boots. The big thing that is going to separate the parlanti's and the monacos is that the monacos are made with a much softer leather and probably most likely be used only for clinics and shows, where as you could probably school everyday in parlanti's. Personally myself i bought a pair of cheap $200 Ariat's to school in, than I have my monacos for clinics and shows. Very worth the money, and Ariat will repair damages
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyHorse View Post
    Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears George Morris pajamas.
    This pretty much sums up everything!

Those boots look gorgeous! Has anyone ordered fom that website!?
    I have had 4 pairs of Monacos, love them, but the ripper have broken on every pair, in fact my current ones the ripper broke this past week and I'll send them to get fixed... again

I just bought a pair of Mountain Horse, yes Mountain Horse, who knew, tried them on, great fit, multitude of sizes like Monacos and Parlantis and only around $500 at Dover.
    But I'd like to get the Parlantis as well and use the MH boots to school in.
    Just wondering about how long it will take to get them etc... anyone?

These look fabulous - but I don't think they would be tall enough for me.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

I got a pair of off the rack Parlantis from their stand in Florida. I LOVE them.

My two daughters are big fans of parlanti. My oldest has a pair of customs that are super comfortable and fit great. My youngest has the off the rack pair of parlanti's and they look just as good as the custom pair. The off the rack parlanti's fit great for people who are tall or have long legs. They are also great for people with skinny legs, like my kids, because they aren't too baggy. Hope this helps!!

Love my off the rack Parlantis.

My trainer is going for a pair of them after her Monacos fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by barndad View Post
    My two daughters are big fans of parlanti. My oldest has a pair of customs that are super comfortable and fit great. My youngest has the off the rack pair of parlanti's and they look just as good as the custom pair. The off the rack parlanti's fit great for people who are tall or have long legs. They are also great for people with skinny legs, like my kids, because they aren't too baggy. Hope this helps!!
    I actually wanted a pair of custom Parlanti's to begin with but I saw the customs and actually like the look and feel of the off-the-racks BETTER then the customs. They're such a nice boot for not a huge amount of money. They look like customs and feel like customs.

Question on the off the shelf Parlanti's - does anyone know how much they drop? and how the footbed runs?

Also, has anyone tried the DeNiro Ottoviano boots from Smartpak?

I know someone who just bought a pair of off the rack parlanti's from equiport. Should ship out tomorrow. I'll let everyone know how it goes! The lady there was, apparently, VERY nice to deal with and -- unlike in the US -- she had tons of stock. To get the pair from a tack shop in the US would have taken like 8 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by ponymom64 View Post
    Question on the off the shelf Parlanti's - does anyone know how much they drop? and how the footbed runs?

Unfortunately I don't have any other better pictures than this: http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...37740687_n.jpg

Here's another crappy cell pic when I first got them and tried them on: http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...05665747_n.jpg

But if you want more of what they look like on a different sized person (i'm 4'11 with big calves), I'd be happy to take some more.

I've had them for about... 2.5 months now? They are absolutely wonderful. The zipper is sturdy, the footbed is extremely wonderful. and the sole is nice because it's made by vibram. The spanish top is great and their logo is a little horse head on the swagger tab, so they're really stylish. I can walk around in them for hours and not be uncomfortable - I actually wore them the first time for a long period of time in November to give them a real break in while visiting Equine Affaire in MA. They gave me a small little blister in the ankle, but after that they were so comfortable and broken in.

The leather is quality. I went from a pair of monacos to these and I much prefer them, and with tons of sizes to choose from, from XS to XL calf and height, you really can't beat the price.

If it helps, I also tried the DeNiro Leuca. They were also REALLY beautiful, but I couldn't zip them up because at the time they didn't have any XL calves in my size/height, so I went with a L. I really love the way they look in the catalog. I also really want the ones with the brown top, which I believe another user on the forums have and they flatter her leg beautifully.

Also wanted to add that these boots are a steal on SmartPak. Look around online and they start at $899. I actually got them when they were having their big sale this summer, just had to wait forever for my size to get back in stock.
    Last edited by horsegal301; Jan. 4, 2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Another picture!

Hi, I tried the off the rack Parlantis and though I am short I have a very tall, slim calf. They were great in the width, but way too short. I have heard from many people that the off the racks are too short. Just a FYI. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by majanick View Post
    Hi, I tried the off the rack Parlantis and though I am short I have a very tall, slim calf. They were great in the width, but way too short. I have heard from many people that the off the racks are too short. Just a FYI. Good luck!
    This is my concern - DD is only 5'2" but has a long slim calf and likes her boots on the very tall side, that's why I was asking about the drop. The medium plus are only 17.5" tall, not sure if that will work for her.

Thanks for the info!

Parlanti's are AMAZING. I would die for some, but can't shell out the money. If you can get them they are 10 times better than Monaco's!

This is my concern - DD is only 5'2" but has a long slim calf and likes her boots on the very tall side, that's why I was asking about the drop. The medium plus are only 17.5" tall, not sure if that will work for her.

Thanks for the info!
    I'm short and have skinny minny calfs...they fit me perfectly. My Ariats dropped a ton, maybe three inches? The Parlantis barely dropped at all. Just fyi

They dropped big time! Daughter got a pair off the rack last january, they look so stupid they are so short! She loves them, but to short. Going down to WEF to visit friends and will see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter/JumperMom View Post
    They dropped big time! Daughter got a pair off the rack last january, they look so stupid they are so short! She loves them, but to short. Going down to WEF to visit friends and will see what they can do.
    Are you talking about the Parlantis? Did you buy them too tall?

I'm just surprised, I bought them the with the height fitting perfectly and they really *barely* dropped.

Bought them at Wef last January, they sized my 18 year old and said they would be perfect, they are now almost 1 1/2 -2 inches lower, very noticeable when on a horse. Paid 954 for for them and they convinced me i didnt need custom bcause these were perfect! Now going to see if they can put an Italian tab or whatever its called on the top to try to make it less noticable.

Yes Parlantis. Another girl at barn had same problem. Beautiful boot, maybe it was a gimmick at tent to sell the boots idk, she is wearing them for IHSA so looks odd anyway, no laces, but since so short even worse! Had issues with custom Vogels, kind of our fault, but they should have hlped us more, but they are now for schooling and playing polo sadly.