The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

and help her on her way. This morning the vet is coming to put my dear Lucy down. I am numb with grief and disbelief, although I have known this day has been coming for years, and been dreading it for years. I have finally accepted that there is nothing more that I can do, and that Lucy can not go through another Canadian winter.
    Lucy is a special horse, beautiful, incredibly brave, full of spirit, charisma and life, a great jumper,
    a great horse to go cross country (so brave, so feisty, so much fun!)
    and a great mother. I have had the best rides of my life with Lucy. I felt honoured and deeply moved the magical moment she came into my life and drew her first breath. To be with her now as she draws her last... it's almost too much to bear. I have to go now..the vet will be here in a few hours, and then the back hoe.
    It would be a great comfort to me to know that
    she is being whispered softly out of this life.
    thank you. Gail

and help her on her way. This morning the vet is coming to put my dear Lucy down. I am numb with grief and disbelief, although I have known this day has been coming for years, and been dreading it for years. I have finally accepted that there is nothing more that I can do, and that Lucy can not go through another Canadian winter.
    Lucy is a special horse, beautiful, incredibly brave, full of spirit, charisma and life, a great jumper,
    a great horse to go cross country (so brave, so feisty, so much fun!)
    and a great mother. I have had the best rides of my life with Lucy. I felt honoured and deeply moved the magical moment she came into my life and drew her first breath. To be with her now as she draws her last... it's almost too much to bear. I have to go now..the vet will be here in a few hours, and then the back hoe.
    It would be a great comfort to me to know that
    she is being whispered softly out of this life.
    thank you. Gail

Go gently Lucy, and know you are loved. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif

(((Hugs))) for Fred http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!!http://www.sphosting.com/oldfriends/farm.html
    OLD FRIENDS FARM-Equine Retirement-We LOVE Seniors!! Spoiling Retirees since 1998
    http://www.angelfire.com/oldfriendsfarm/home.html
    Charter Member of UYA!

Oh Gail, I'm so sorry. I tried calling but you must be in the barn. My heart is breaking for you. I know they are your children and I also know sweet Lucy feels safe and secure. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

"If you are going through hell, keep going." ~Churchill~
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

Oh Fred, I'm so sorry to hear this. Big, squeezy hugs and strength for you and Lucy.

{{{{{{{{GAIL}}}}}}}}}

Step boldly Lucy into your new pasture where the clover is lush and the wind soft upon your velvet nostrils. Until your special person joins you, wait in comfort and among our dear equine friends who have gone before. Know that you were never loved more than you are this day.

Love and courage to you Gail, it is the hardest decision in the world, but of course, it is the right one.

Kryswyn
    ~Kryswyn~ Always look on the bright side of life, de doo, de doo de doo de doo
    Check out my Kryswyn JRTs on Facebook

"Life is merrier with a terrier!"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Love and courage to you Gail, it is the hardest decision in the world, but of course, it is the right one<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HUGS your way from Fla

A very long hug and sigh goes out here towards you, Gail! The Old Man will greet her with a twinkle in his eye and a giggle in his expression and will tease her into chasing him through the most beautiful pasture towards the rest of the buds waiting for her!

While he does that, we are all here for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.
    much love, June
    \"The world\'s greatest achievements often happen on the edge of chaos\"

Horses like Lucy are lucky to have owners like you, who will stick by them and make the hard decision, rather than passing the buck.

Hugs. I know how hard it is.

Unashamed member of the Arab clique...just settin' on the Group W bench.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

Keeping your in our thoughts.

Peace to your heart.

Run free, Lucy.

http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

Thoughts and prayers and hugs coming your way and Lucy's. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/cry.gif

------------------------------
    I'm just the mom....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Know that you were never loved more than you are this day.

Kryswyn<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will be thinking of you today. Godspeed, Lucy.

Spay and neuter. Please.

thinking and praying for you and Lucy today (hug)

My most sincere sympathy to you, Fred. I hurt for the pain you must be feeling.

For Lucy I wish good passage. She knows that she has been a lucky mare, and that the green pastures that she is going to will be the perfect place to wait for you.

---------------------------
    "This it be die most importante thing in die world, that someone they loff us."
    Willem
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Oh, Gail, I'm so sorry. &lt;hugs&gt;

Springer will meet her and show her where all the good spots to snack and roll are http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/sadsmile.gif

Know that she couldn't have had a better home than the one you've given her. Prayers and peaceful thoughts sent your way.

godspeed to a wonderful sounding mare, and hugs to all her family. she will be in wonderful company up there... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif

sorry about lack of caps. i'm typing one-handed. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Oh my....my heart is breaking for you.Such a hard but selfless decision to make for a dear friend. This spring I whispered to my Orchid that we would eventually be together again as will you and your wonderful Lucy. It is so very very hard to let them go but let them go we must. She knows how hard this decision was for you....I really feel they know these things and I am sure she is thankful that you have made the kindest decision of all to let her go with dignity and respect. I will whisper to her as she goes on her way.

Bless your heart.. She sounds like a wonderful horse and how lucky for you to have been there when she took her first and her last breath..
    My heart goes out to you.. Some very special thoughts for Lucy as you send her off to gallop the green pastures until you meet again..
    (((Hugs to you)))

I am so sorry. Even when you know it is right and fair, it is never easy. I'll be thinking of you.

Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one's horse as he is leaping -Julius Hare