The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Appies in Wa.—was "a plethora of ponies"

The ponies and mini-mule have all been placed!

14 hand petite arab/appaloosa mare (see other thread, entitled "loud appy/arab on Whidbey Island", for a video) still available.

GORGEOUS appaloosa sport horse mare still available. 15 years old, 15.2 hands (or so). Truly incredible to look at! Bred by the owner. Seal brown with some appy characteristics. Out of a TB mare by a foundation-bred appaloosa sport horse, no QH blood. Needs miles and hates ringwork but could be a good mount for an experienced trail rider. Still available.

PM me for owner contact info. She is open to a temporary free lease or a permanent adoption for either of these mares.
    Last edited by didgery; Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Five ponies were adopted out—two remain.
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Here are some pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater American Shetland mare. This was the day she was brought back from a failed placement (the guy didn't look after her, so now she's back at my friend's overcrowded place. Home needed ASAP!)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_l40dpZjZDE..._1921262_n.jpg The POA. Very sound and sporty . . . bring him into shape and he'd be a good mount for a confident Pony Clubber!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater Silver dapple overo mare (Welsh/Paint X)

There are more (mini-mule, appy sporthorse mare, etc.) available that I do not yet have photos of. Please spread the word!
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

wow..i would love the dun molly......but i am on the other side of the usa!

I'm PMing you pictures of the molly!

Bump: POA is no longer available. ALL the others, plus an aged grey welsh gelding, are offered for short term or permanent placement in a lifelong home. All of them—even the appy mare—may be available as a giveaway after a suitable trial period.

Default Silver dapple overo mare (Welsh/Paint X)

Lovely!! Wish she were on the East Coast!

did these guys find homes?

Thanks for the reminder! Some did—I'll update the original post.

See "loud arab/appy mare" thread for video of another horse being offered by this owner. She's a nice large pony with dressage potential—loves ringwork, a bit hot, and well started (90 days under saddle with a professional).

I think I'm in love with that appy mare! She could be my appy/arab mares louder colored twin.. Luckily she is a little too far away for me to sneak home.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    I think I'm in love with that appy mare! She could be my appy/arab mares louder colored twin.. Luckily she is a little too far away for me to sneak home.
    Nonsense! I'll bet her owner would meet you in the middle.

Geez, wish I could get one, but we are in AL

AL is much closer than me! I'm in Virginia, and banned from getting any more ponies until I graduate from college next year.

Most of these ponies have found homes, so I've updated the original ad to remove them. There are two mares still available, both sound, beautiful, and professionally started under saddle.