The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Coronett 2 (Corrado x Cassini x Caretino)

Very exciting news that this fabulous boy will be standing publicly this year! From a top motherline and a son of Corrado, AND with the beauty and technique to produce a hunter derby horse. http://stbridesfarm.com/stbridesfarm/Stallion.html

I remember seeing video of him showing a super hind end flip and flourish of that white tail! Do you know if he will be fresh or frozen? TIA

He is lovely. I am hoping to use him with one of my girls next year!
    www.jazcreek.com
    Specialized Equine Rehabilitation, Reproduction, and Fitness in the Wine Country of Northern California

beautifully tempered individual; jumped the wellington nations cup for ireland at a young age a couple of years ago with kevin, placing 4th.

not from a renowned stam, but his first three sires are a line up of holstein heavy-hitters. his 3 crosses to corde in the first 5 gens total over 30% of his pedigree and should give pause for consideration of genotypical matching. he's a tick on the smaller side, which could come from that percentage of corde blood, but i don't know if he throws it.

the owner, barb roux, is wonderful to work with. to me, definitely worth a try with the right mare... she'd be bigger and framey, long legged and have very little or no corde.

Quote Originally Posted by ne1 View Post
    beautifully tempered individual; jumped the wellington nations cup for ireland at a young age a couple of years ago with kevin, placing 4th.

not from a renowned stam, but his first three sires are a line up of holstein heavy-hitters. his 3 crosses to corde in the first 5 gens total over 30% of his pedigree and should give pause for consideration of genotypical matching. he's a tick on the smaller side, which could come from that percentage of corde blood, but i don't know if he throws it.

the owner, barb roux, is wonderful to work with. to me, definitely worth a try with the right mare... she'd be bigger and framey, long legged and have very little or no corde.
    I am interested in this stallion for obvious reasons. However, I am not concerned about the 3 crosses to the Corde, no more then you have been to your 7 and 9 crosses on your own breedings. I would however be careful not to include a 3rd Caletto into the mix. I look forward to seeing this stallion in person.

Tim
    Sparling Rock Holsteiners
    www.sparlingrock.com

for me, where i have 9 crosses dispersed further back throughout a pedigree, totalling 15% or less, it gives me a significantly greater comfort level than three crosses comprising over 30%.

but that's just me, and there certainly is more than one way to produce both top sport as well as breeding horses with these strong holsteiner genetics, as a multitude of examples show.

while i don't disagree with watching for muiltiple instances of caletto ii or any sibling children of corde in this instance, for me it would also involve specifically watching for the difficult traits these individuals can bring, not just whether they're there on paper. again, for me however, it would be moot, as i wouldn't be bringing any corde back to this stallion. a greater, if secondary, concern would be that of also being very careful about any further capitol blood.

the big piece that seems to get lost is the issue of concentration, not just number of crosses. it matters greatly not just that they're there, but exactly where they are and what they constitute as a total % of the horse's blood.

I have had the pleasure of seeing Coronett in person at the farm, and he is truly a lovely animal. Perfectly correct, great feet, good harmony of all his parts, lovely head and neck, and a superb disposition.

We used him last year on our Dutch mare, Selina, who took first try (after trying with a different stallion first) and are expecting a foal early June. There are some conformation pics on our facebook page, if anyone is interested.

I also knew the horse personally quite well...for those with mares that need more canter, he is lacking in that department, but as all else who know him...he is truly lovely, a beautiful individual with a wonderful temperament...just thought I'd add that because I know it is hard to pick stallions when you haven't seen them in the flesh. What a pedigree...I wouldn't hesitate to put him to the right mare! And it is FANTASTIC to see that he will be standing at stud