The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Where do you advertise your horse-related business?

I wasn't totally sure where to put this post... but I got my first client from my google ad-words campaign, and I'm pretty excited about it!!!

Until now, I have only been advertising in local show programs because I've got a measly advertising budget.

Where do you have the most bang-for-the-buck advertising success?? Do you also use google ad-words? What about Facebook ads?
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!

Google is way too pricey for me, I put alot on craigs list, many people look there. Also, google what you think you would look for in a search to find you. There are alot of places that list people for free, that's where you can find them.
    Equine Massage Therapy Classes and Rehab for Horses
    http://www.midwestnha.wordpress.com[/INDENT]

I think Constant Contact offers good value. You do need an email list for marketing and it does have to be permission based, but you can do alot and often for a low fee.

I have stopped all print advertising years ago. Too limited and too expensive.

Obviously some of your decision will be driven by your business and target market. You have to go where your prospective customers will see you.
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

Locally & word of mouth has been the best for me. I'd rather work with someone locally anyway because I can meet with them & get exactly what they want.

Even then, keeps me too busy between the farm & everything else
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

Quote Originally Posted by Nes View Post
    Locally & word of mouth has been the best for me. I'd rather work with someone locally anyway because I can meet with them & get exactly what they want.

Even then, keeps me too busy between the farm & everything else
    My problem is I just moved across the country- and all of my clients live in Seattle! I stay busy with all of that work (mostly non-horse related)... but I would love to work with more local folk.

Right now I'm still trying to meet people in GA- and I have a hard time trying to 'sell' my services. I'm really bad at it!
    I have one local client & the website is about ready to launch... so hopefully.. word of mouth will start after that
    Founder & President, Dapplebay, Inc.
    Creative Director, Equestrian Culture Magazine
    Take us to print!