The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Name this driver, please.

I just got TVG and HRTV (which is Awesome). Last night I saw a four-in-hand competition at Aachen. The horses were grey and had on lime green bell boots. The cart had lime green wheels. I believe the name was David something.

Verry cool.

Thanks

do you have a link to the show perhaps through TVG or HRTV? that would help.

There are not many grey 4 in hands so this should be fairly easy.

Also, what year was it. On the HRTV website it says that they had shown the 2010 and 2011 Aachen Marathon.

No link, MoH. It was just something I caught late last night.

I'm not even sure of the year. I was tired, so don't have the best memory & information on it.

Can't be too many people who use lime green bell boots, though, on four grey horses. It actually looked good. It was otherwise a regular/convervative presentation with a bit of zip.

Oh, is the proper term cart/carriage/rig? (I'm a h/j person, primarily.)

Tx again.

Oh gosh, I watched that a couple of times when they had it on in the past. Chester Weber is the only American competing so it has to be a European.

If you are on Facebook maybe try and send Chester a message on his page and ask him, he may know who it is.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

http://www.horsedrivingtrials.co.uk/...igh-2008-1.jpg

Its DANIEL NAPROUS!!!!! ????

are these the green boots?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-2vfMFUiog

is this the green wheeled carriage?
    Last edited by MunchingonHay; Dec. 16, 2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: found video

Those aren't the boots. I was speaking lime bell boots.

But, I think we may be onto something, MoH !

I have to search further when I go home. I'm at work right now (ssshhh).

Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-2vfMFUiog

is this the green wheeled carriage?
    OMG I almost jumped out of my chair at 1:09 when they made that hard dash back over the bridge.

What fun!!!! Do we do indoor trials in the USA? I'd give my back teeth to go blasting around like that.
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

Quote Originally Posted by buck22 View Post
    OMG

What fun!!!! Do we do indoor trials in the USA? I'd give my back teeth to go blasting around like that.
    go to the Toronto Royal Winter Fair! I worked for horses that did it in 2003. its a lot of fun.

here is Weber in his round.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viYUd...eature=related

That just looks like an absurd amount of fun. I was grinning like a happy idiot during the entire clip Look how the back end of the carriage skids, the navigators must have a thrill keeping it upright.

I'm new to driving, but when I took my dartmoor out through the twisty trails the first time and learned just how nimble it was, I will admit my first thought was "gee, I bet I could barrel race in this thing!" lol!

OK no more vids for me lest I get too bold for my skill level this yeehawing is bringing my inner rodeo queen bubbling to the surface... must suppress...
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

OMG that looks like so much fun. I so want to try that some day! Wow!

You got it MoH, that was DANIEL NAPROUS. I now remember because they spoke of his movie involvement.

That was the carriage. He had 4 greys and they all had lime green bell boots !

Thanks.

I met Daniel a few years back when I was in England working for an American driver doing the CDE circuit. Dan was just starting out with the team, this was in 2005? 2006? I believe. He is super nice, real down to earth and funny!

I had the pleasure to spend my summer with him, the Bowman's and their whole crew and seeing some fantastic English Country side.

@ Buck22, while you are right the carriage does slide, there is a dial for the 5th wheel break and you can loosen and tighten it while on course. In the video "Driving Montage" by Tim Maloy you can see the bottom step groom reach around the top step groom and tighten this dial. at 1:48 ish

He is super nice, real down to earth and funny!

Cool !

Anyone who uses lime green accents for competition, in the usually conservative horse world, has to be a blast. You know, it still looked elegant, though.

Buck 22
    They do something similar in PA in the Jan-Mar timeframe. Can't remember which show or exhibition, but it's local drivers having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Drive NJ View Post
    Buck 22
    They do something similar in PA in the Jan-Mar timeframe. Can't remember which show or exhibition, but it's local drivers having fun.
    are you referring to the Harrisburg Show? that arena is tiny, the arenas they use in the EU and in Toronto for the Royal is much, much bigger.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun, just not as BIG