The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Aiken SC Teeth Float

Hi there,

Looking for recommendations for an equine dentist in the Aiken area. I have four pleasure horses who each need their teeth floated (2 ponies, 2 horses) and I'm looking for someone who does farm calls and doesn't charge out the wazoo ($150+ per horse). These are not show horses so I don't need the best of the best, but someone with a good reputation who does good work, and who will sedate.

Thanks!

My parents used Equicare in Hopkins (Michael Privett) for vet stuff. When I moved one of the horses up here to NC, I got compliments on how nice his teeth looked.

I think they always trailered to the vet's when it was time for teeth, but you could try calling the office and see if that's required. My parents' place isn't set up well for sedation dentistry so it may just have been that there wasn't a suitable spot to do it.

Amy Dobranski is in Aiken, she does a great job at a good price. 803-221-2568

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I use Lou Heffner out of Aiken. Love him! 610-960-2405
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Jason Cashin does both GA and SC. He's been doing my horses for a decade. He's at Elijay Equine. And if you horses' teeth do not need work, he won't charge you for the trip. He's in SC and coastal GA each week. Did mine a week ago and did some of my BO''s this week as well as my former BO's horses.

Beware of one of the dentists supra. That dentist did Callie's teeth at our first barn. A month later, Callie was up at another barn for training, and that dentist did her teeth again. I guess the dentist did not recognize her, but she should have noticed that her teeth were in shape, assuming the dentist did a competent job the month before. No way will I ever recommend that dentist to anyone.