The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you want this as a Christmas gift? HR!

http://www.howardstables.com/Precision%20Jumper.jpg

But the standard need to be glued back in place My friend and student is a jumper rider and I was going to sell mine, but thought she would like it, but don't want to seem "oh look here have this thing I was going to sell" Because it's not like that!

I've got super glue, I'll take it, thankyouverymuch

I have
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breyer-Bally...-/220517712060
    , ALMOST looks like Sophie
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

I have the whole set, Precision (jumper pictured) Courage cross country, and Expressions dressage. I am keeping Courage and giving the other two as gifts. I was going to sell them, but thought the people getting them might enjoy them.

Heheh maybe I should include superglue

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    If that is how your pony looks can I have her?!! That is my favorite one besides the cross country, and have always wanted an Irish horse

Wink

I would love it... So beautiful.... in fact I would buy it from you if your student does not want it!!! Super ice of you... I think I would like to be your student/friend.

No. Absolutely.Not. I have plenty of things (doo dads) which do nothing but gather dust so I have to dust them.

A horse vacuum? Why yes, please thank you.

A full tank of gas on my truck? Why yes, please thank you.

This "gift" seems like a non-horse person giving a horse person a gift. Those are terrible, and are to be regifted at the first dirty santa party in line.

Can ya tell it turns me off big time? Waste of $.

jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    No. Absolutely.Not. I have plenty of things (doo dads) which do nothing but gather dust so I have to dust them.

This "gift" seems like a non-horse person giving a horse person a gift. Those are terrible, and are to be regifted at the first dirty santa party in line.

jmo.
    Well, aren't you a barrel of holiday cheer?

OP, I think it's beautiful. I have very little horse art in my house but were I a jumper rider, it would have a place of honor in my home

jmo.
    Why don't you just tell me how you really feel ?

I will have to go out and tell all my students, my old Intermediate eventer, my 4th level Dressage horse, and my hunter mare that I am a non horse person.

Thank you to everyone else who was polite.

Other person: All you had to do was say no. You didn't have to be a horses butt

It's not my cup of tea either, but if it will suit the person you are thinking of, go for it.

A thoughtful and suitable gift, even if used and/or "free" for the giver, beats out a $$$ new-but-generic gift any day.

Not used. Just had an accident in storage Never even out of the box.

Great. After the one persons post now I feel like a jerk for thinking she would enjoy it , I guess I should just sell it for the $700 I saw the last one on ebay go for.

If it is new in the box (and you can fix it without it showing), I would definitely give it to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Macimage View Post
    If it is new in the box (and you can fix it without it showing), I would definitely give it to her.
    Yes, it is new and in the box, with its COA. Am leary of fixing it before hand as it is such a delicate piece. I know people who fixed the same spots (which is why they only made 300 of them) but only after they put it up.

And to the people who are PMing me saying I am a cheapskate and other things I won't post on here for dumping my garbage on her thanks. Now I feel like sh*t for trying to give my friend / student something I thought she would enjoy
    Last edited by Couture TB; Dec. 15, 2011 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Couture TB View Post
    I have the whole set, Precision (jumper pictured) Courage cross country, and Expressions dressage. I am keeping Courage and giving the other two as gifts. I was going to sell them, but thought the people getting them might enjoy them.

Heheh maybe I should include superglue
    Yes, include a tube with a red bow!

Yes, it is new and in the box, with its COA. Am leary of fixing it before hand as it is such a delicate piece. I know people who fixed the same spots (which is why they only made 300 of them) but only after they put it up.

And to the people who are PMing me saying I am a cheapskate and other things I won't post on here for dumping my garbage on her thanks. Now I feel like sh*t for trying to give my friend / student something I thought she would enjoy
    It sounds like a lovely thoughtful gift.

Don't let those people get to you. Anybody who likes Breyers know that is not a s*itty gift! I got some really nice vintage Breyers from my first trainer for learning my diagonals that I still cherish to this day. I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerino View Post
    Don't let those people get to you.
    This.

From what you've added, this sounds like a to-die-for gift for the right person. Go with your instincts, and don't let random people on the internet spoil a great idea.

How on earth is it "garbage" when it can sell for about $200??? Good lord, people. Ignore their bah-humbugs, Couture.

I think it's a nice, thoughtful gift. I'm sure your student will appreciate it ver much.

And honestly, if they don't like it, they can always sell it. Or do wih it as they please!

It is a great gift for many reasons! First of all, it is a lovely piece, nicely done and quite accurate. My husbund gave it to me for Christmas one year and I treasure mine. (the cats steal the jump poles all the time though and a paint brush is a great way to dust it!) It is becoming a rare collectible piece as they only made so many and don't make them anymore. Anyone who appreciates jumping horses will love it in their collection. It is a great gift and what a generous gesture to give it instead of sell it!

jmo.
    I think the Breyer thingy is a lovely gift.... but, this post made me laugh out loud! ONLY horse people REALLY appreciate/think of - a full tank of fuel in the truck as a WONDERFUL gift... I would LOVE that too

BTW - I did a little research and discovered this thing is selling for $300+ $$$ out there... so, yes this is a wonderful gift/collectors item
    Last edited by Jumpin_Horses; Dec. 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM.

Personally, I think its lovely and would love to have it even though I don't have jumpers. But I'm a knick knack, collector kind of person. So I suppose it would depend if your student is a knick knack type person or not. Some folks are, some aren't.

I'm always amazed at people who will take the trouble to pm somebody just to bad mouth them. WTH? No offense to anyone but I don't really care enough about folks on the internet to hunt them down and slam them, unless they did something REALLY heinous like Jaci Rae Jackson. I've chatted with a few folks via pm about things of no interest to the general population but send a pm to bad mouth? My momma taught me if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.