The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Needing equine dentist in So. GA/ N. FL. area.

I'd love to find a DVM specializing in equine dentistry.
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

I know you said "DVM" but my vet service does not go to Cairo. If you trailer in to Edisto Equine, they will take great care of your horse.

However, there is an excellent equine dentist, non-dvm, in GA/SC. Jason Cashin has been doing my horses' teeth since 2002. Did Cloudy and Hattie last week. And will be back today to do others at my present barn and our last barn. I highly recommend him. I've used vets and other dentists, and I prefer Jason for teeth.

And he gave me a discount on the Xmas present teeth floating & tooth removal of elderly horse that I gave my BO. Without my asking. Cloudy and Hattie paid the regular fee.

My dentist is coming Thursday to Jax area. Has a vet that travels with him. Advanced Equine Dentist. Dr Richard Grist and Dr Jay Clifford. Excellent quality. Pm me if you'd like to either come watch or trailer over.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyTBMare View Post
    My dentist is coming Thursday to Jax area. Has a vet that travels with him. Advanced Equine Dentist. Dr Richard Grist and Dr Jay Clifford. Excellent quality. Pm me if you'd like to either come watch or trailer over.

I use them, they are great!
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

They do have a good reputation.

Advanced Equine Dentist. Dr Richard Grist and Dr Jay Clifford.
    Dr. Richard Grist isn't a doctor
    http://www.advancedequinedentist.com/
    he's a lay dentist

Quote Originally Posted by Toothgrinder View Post
    Dr. Richard Grist isn't a doctor
    http://www.advancedequinedentist.com/
    he's a lay dentist
    You are correct and Krazy knows this but I am sure she was tired when posting. She herself is in the dental field (human) and gave Richard a thorough "vetting" before using him.

Dr. Clifford is the DVM who is partners with Grist. Dr. Clifford is the one who performs a quick physical first before administering any sedatives before the dental and monitors the horse the entire time under sedation.

Great thing about this practice - they are like a mobile vet clinic too. They can do your shots/coggins/microchip etc.

I have used them for about 5 years now and have been very pleased. Mine are getting done tomorrow.

I would like to offer our services. The Equine Practice, Inc. I am a (Cornell) vet and have done equine dentistry since 1983 (over 50,000 horses). We cover all of FL and GA as well as SC, TN, VA, and NY.

Please visit my web site http://www.TheEquinePractice.com and click on "Equine Dentistry". Our philosophy is there as well as testimonials, fees, videos, and FAQ's.

Thanks in advance for visiting. Dr Tucker

I was on my cell and typing with a touch keyboard during lunch (which I was lucky to get!) - Im very award of Richards proper title but I still call him Dr... sure it has something to do with me working for a dentist myself and just habit of calling the dentists, Dr, equine or not. All of their credidentials are listed on their website for anyone to see.
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

In 1996 the New York Time ran an article on Bob Simard a lay dentist, http://www.nytimes.com/1996/03/03/ny...ted=all&src=pm, where they wrongly referred to him as a doctor. This incited the Ct vet board who took action and eventually found Bob to be practicing veterinary medicine without a license and issued him a cease and desist order. If you like Mr. Grist call him pal or buddy but don't call him Doc.

Thanks everybody. I'll check this all out!
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

tooth, Im not a news paper. The fact of the matter is that he is not practicing medicine, thats why he has a VET that travels with him (they own the company together). Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
    ~~~~~~~~~

Red face Equine Dentist

Bartlett Equine Dentistry--not a vet
    but Bill has been doing teeth for over 35 years.
    http://bartlettequinedentistry.com

Dr. Toots Banner from the UF school of Veterinary Medicine. He is a vet and also an equine dentist.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin