The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Friesian cross mare; mid-Michigan - PHOTO LINK ADDED

Looking for a good home for a beautiful 9-year-old Friesian/Saddlebred mare. Companion, broodmare or light riding horse (but not for beginners). Foundered 18 months ago. Currently pasture sound and could be ridden lightly, but must be managed carefully to prevent further occurrences of laminitis. Weight must be managed--she can live in a dry lot or use a grazing muzzle on pasture that is not overly rich. 16.2 hands. Dark bay w/star. Was 2nd level dressage before foundering. Will only let her go to a good home with the knowledge and ability to care for her properly. Would like her to stay within a couple of hours of my house (48848 zip code) so I may visit occasionally. 517-896-3716. photolady@mail.com

Link to photos: http://www.flyingwfarms.com/H_RF_200...%20Supreme.htm
    Last edited by horsephotolady; Dec. 22, 2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Photo link added

is she a Georgian Grande Friesian Saddlebred ? I'd love to see pics of her!

Yes--she's a registered Georgian Grande. I'll send pix later (at work right now).

sorry to be such a creeper, but I found her pics online and she is spectacular!! LOVELY! VERY INTERESTED!

Bumping--still looking for a home!

did this pretty girl find a home yet?

Why is she free?

Skippy60 - read the ad. She's foundered, she needs to be carefully managed, she can only be a companion, broodmare or light riding horse.

Oh.... ya I should probably read the add

I'm noticing a trend with some posters looking to pick up free horses that maybe shouldn't have more animals. Especially when they are asking about very different horses for no particular reason. Please everyone screen who you give your horses away to very carefully. I find that researching their posts to be very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    I'm noticing a trend with some posters looking to pick up free horses that maybe shouldn't have more animals. Especially when they are asking about very different horses for no particular reason. Please everyone screen who you give your horses away to very carefully. I find that researching their posts to be very helpful.
    To borrow from Facebook:

She is lovely and I would be very interested in giving her a home as a broodmare. I have a very small breeding program and I am redirecting two current broodmares into riding careers this summer, so will have open slots. I have a degree in Animal Science, experience with foundered horses, and I work at a feed store and stay very up to date with equine nutrition, as it is my second passion to dressage. We also have NO grass at the house, all woods (my other few broodmares do get turned out on a large pasture for the majority of their gestation, however keeping her at the house would be no problem. BUT I am not close to you- Georgia. Let me know if you think it would be at all a possibility and I will give you my website address and tell you all about myself and my program