The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Retired Racehorse Training Project

After many months of website woes, we've finally launched our new Retired Racehorse Training Project website! I'm one of a group of people that started the RRTP - a year after our application, we received our 501(c)3 charitable status in June of this year. The official press release, sent out to over 70 horse publications can be seen here: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact....3QnWSFKu_ug%3D (at least I hope the link works!).

Our website address is http://www.retiredracehorsetraining.org. There's lots of info on what our site has to offer in the press release, but I will say I'm most excited about the Bloodline Brag. We need entries to make it really useful, so please take the time to enter your horse(s)!!!! We're also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RetiredRacehorseTrainingProject

Edited to add: Please please please register as a site user prior to entering any horses, trainer listings, or otherwise. While it's not required, this is the only way you'll have access to your own listing to make updates or changes. I can go back and "assign" a listing to you after the fact (only if you register though), but it would be easier on me if you registered first... We did preload a lot of "Sources for Horses" and trainers, so if any of those listings are you or your organization, just let me know once you've registered and I'll turn 'em over to you!
    Last edited by Erin Pittman; Dec. 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added some info on site use
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Awesome! Your FB link didn't work for me however. I will search for it there but you may want to edit it here.

Very cool Erin! I've participated at one of the symposiums - lots of fun. The link didn't work for me either, but I'll check back.
    Alison Howard
    Homestead Farms, Maryland www.freshorganicvegetables.com

Fixed the link, I think! Try it now?
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Great site, and what a wonderful project. As the proud owner of two OTTBs, I know how amazing they can be and how worthy they are of a new life after racing. Well done!

What a fantastic idea!!

Just entered my new guy in the bloodline brag. I am also super excited about the site! I think this type of resource is vital in helping OTTBs find second careers.

Thanks!!