The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Waterford, Ireland

Default Saddlery help

So I am throwing my first query to the COTHers. I am in Ireland and work for an American company which means I get to travel to the states a few times a year. I am dying to hit a decent saddlery over there (am a big fan of show shirts and breeches which are way nicer than what can be got here!!). So I fly into Chicago and usually have meetings in Fulton, IL or Bettendorf, IO. Any sugestions of decent saddleries in the vicinity of these areas. When in Chicago we usually stay downtown Michigan Ave area. I don't always have transport but will be over in early Jan with some free time. The Jan trip will be Chicago and up to Fulton so if anyone knows of anywhere worth visiting please let me know. Am already perusing SmartPak to get some stuff sent to the office for me to bring home!

Can you get to SC instead? The tack shop I would most like to visit would be The Farmhouse, They have everything and and the best customer service ever. Another great place on my wish list would be Malvern Saddlery in PA. Both have websites and will help you on the phone too, they have so much more than what is on their sites.

Garden Prairie, Illinois

Be sure to check out Barrington Saddlery in Barrinington - northwest suburb of Chicago - and the new Dover Saddlery store in Libertyville - northern suburb of Chicago.

Fulton and Bettendorf are more rural, and western riding is more popular in that part of the state of Illinois.