The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default calling on my QH/TB pedigree peeps

My new mare is a QH. I know next to nothing about QH pedigrees except the big name. She is by Zans buck bar who goes back to The Kanzan and a Judge Crocker mare. She is out of Mighty sharp scamp who goes back to QH/TB Mighty Artistic and Artistic glass(tb) on her dam sires side and easy triple who I know goes back to Easy Jet on her grandam's side. If anyone can fill in any more info it would be much appriecated.

"The root of all greatness is the Arabian." ~

Quote Originally Posted by arab_roots View Post
    My new mare is a QH. I know next to nothing about QH pedigrees except the big name. She is by Zans buck bar who goes back to The Kanzan and a Judge Crocker mare. She is out of Mighty sharp scamp who goes back to QH/TB Mighty Artistic and Artistic glass(tb) on her dam sires side and easy triple who I know goes back to Easy Jet on her grandam's side. If anyone can fill in any more info it would be much appriecated.
    Through pure coincidence (i.e., we were not searching for these lines in any way), my girlfriend and I have ended up with three different eventers decended from the Jet Deck/Moon Deck/Top Deck xx lines. One went Intermediate and is now retired, one is about to move up to Preliminary, and the other has been my primary event horse/hunt horse/whip horse/do-it-all horse for eight years. There is lots of TB blood back in those pedigrees; Jet Deck (Easy Jet's sire) was about half-Thoroughbred and sired hundreds of foals; lots of racing QHs in that group; Easy Jet was out of a Tb dam and was 75% Tb.

It is a tiny sample set, and that line is only a part of the pedigrees, but every one of the three mentioned above have been extremely athletic and generous horses -- they will lay it on the line for you if you ask. We've seen that line bred back to full-Tbs to get a more sporthorse type.

That's is my anecdotal 2-cents.
    Last edited by Peregrine Farm; Dec. 6, 2011 at 03:24 PM.