The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WB Sized open front boots that won't break the bank...

I'm ripping out my hair looking for show appropriate open fronts for a horse with a lot of bone.

Suggestions?? I have a beautiful set of black leather hinds with brass buckles (actually thinline XC boots I bought from another COTHer and can't bring myself to get wet )that I would love to match, but at this point I'm down to "something that fits"...!

Suggestions?? I tried a pair of Beval in XL and they were too small. We school in BR plastic open fronts, but I don't like how they look for showing.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

From what I have heard the Antares size 3 is quite generous but those are quite on the expensive side...I have the Prestige open fronts and ankles in a horse size, and they are just shy of fitting my big guy (who also schools in the BR and wears an XL Classic Equine bell boot) so if they come in an "oversize" they would probably fit. They are also quite economical for the quality.

Try your local consignment shop, I have several pairs of LARGE open fronts at very reasonable prices in my shop.
    http://STA551.com
    845-363-1875

I am curious about this as well. My big guy is 17.1 with very thick legs it would seem. I am finding it hard to close the boots that he wears.