The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone know why the IEA scores aren't posted?

EventEntries doesn't have scores for today for IEA, or for Waredaca. Anyone know why?

Making me crazy, too! But that place is very remote--a wireless uplink may be difficult to come by.
    Click here before you buy.

There is good reception in the middle of the trailer parking lot.

See my response to waredaca thread. I just sent rick an email to ask who should be posting iea scores
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

but delta... you know how you can get scores.

I dont' know about much except XC and it was a ROUGH day. A LOT of attrition in the Novice divisions. Ended up removing a fence for the final 2 divisions.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Which fence was it, number 9 before the water? A friend's husband just posted pictures of the whole course, bless him!

Keebler moved up from 14th to THIRD after XC--that is some *serious* attrition! Hope everyone is OK. My trainer took a tumble and broke her collarbone early on the I/P course. Major bummer as she and her young horse did their last run before moving up to "I".

Forgive me if this is a highjack. I'm curious how an organizer times the removal of a fence to be fair and yet safe. TLE - you mention they removed the fence before the water after the division was over. This seems fair to me but potentially dangerous if you have to keep a fence on course with known issues until a division is over.

I think the fence was causing stops, rather than being structurally unsafe. Looked like a perfectly normal Novice question.

Posted photos where? STILL NO SCORES.....argh!

The scores are up now. Rick said there was a data transcription problem

Quote Originally Posted by Gryhrs View Post
    Forgive me if this is a highjack. I'm curious how an organizer times the removal of a fence to be fair and yet safe. TLE - you mention they removed the fence before the water after the division was over. This seems fair to me but potentially dangerous if you have to keep a fence on course with known issues until a division is over.
    Why not start a new thread, Gryhrs -- good topic for discussion.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

The fence was causing FALLS! That's why it was removed.

Gotta get back to work...auburn's on course
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Which fence was it, number 9 before the water? A friend's husband just posted pictures of the whole course, bless him!

Keebler moved up from 14th to THIRD after XC--that is some *serious* attrition! Hope everyone is OK. My trainer took a tumble and broke her collarbone early on the I/P course. Major bummer as she and her young horse did their last run before moving up to "I".
    9 was a new fence before the water...in the same location as they always have a fence.

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Why not start a new thread, Gryhrs -- good topic for discussion.
    k

tle,

I thought that you might be the announcer for SJ. I wish that I could have stopped to introduce myself, but you had your hands full keeping the event running on time!

My event was kind of a mess. I forgot a circle in my dressage test, so ended up with 35.7 penalty points. There is no excuse for goofing up in a test that I have ridden so often.

Tess is left hooved. When we came off of the IEA fence in SJ, I was so worried about getting the lead that I forgot to keep up Tessie's energy to the oxer. Once again, it was my mental error that caused the rail. The positive about that round is that Tess actually did two strides in the two stride in and out. (She usually does them in three.)

Today was a new day. I had a blast on cross country! I thought the course was a good challenge. Riding 5, 6 and 7 made me feel like I was a kid in Pony Club again. The BN optimum time was 5:43. We came in at 5:42. Whew!

The volunteers were awesome! Sending a huge thank you for all of their hard work. The dinner Saturday night was yummy, too.

I got to see Flight Check and Mountian Momma (who got 4th place in the Novice 3 day.)

IEA gives very nice ribbons, too.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

Holy smokes! Novices was a blood bath! Would love to see pics of the fence they removed.

This is the bogey fence. Looks very unassuming!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9627516&type=3

Auburn... I was only in SJ long enough to see the IP run... then I had to head back to my booth in the Baker Arena to announce XC. Eric did SJ on Sunday and someone else did Saturday as Eric was in Dressage.

Glad you had a good time aside from mental lapses.

Quote Originally Posted by tle View Post
    The fence was causing FALLS! That's why it was removed.

Gotta get back to work...auburn's on course
    Actually, I'd have to say that the majority of the falls were caused by bad riding--people came flying up, didn't take the time to rebalance on the (left hand) turn & hauled on the inside rein. The falls I saw were all when the horse propped & then ran left, depositing the rider on the ground. I saw several good rides where the rider balanced up the horse, completed the turn, presented & jumped.

The decision was made to remove the fence due to the number of falls, but it wasn't a flaw with the fence itself. I had 3 in novice, 2 of my people jumped it without issue because they rode it thoughtfully and one fell off because she made poor decisions. When we went back Sunday night & schooled and she rode a proper canter the horse jumped without issue.

I thought it was a very nice gesture on the part of IEA to put the fence back out on the course & offer free schooling after the show.

I would have never pegged that fence for trouble on a course walk in and of itself, except maybe for the fact it was on an approach to water. I've had two runouts with my boy, however, both on fences that were probably the easiest novice fences on course. I learned the hard way to ride every fence. Because as my good eventing friends told me, and I really mean that because good friends tell you stuff like this, runouts are always the riders fault.