The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Outsmarted By A Bull

MILFORD -- "Waldo" the bull's wandering days may be numbered.

An attempt to corral the 700-pound animal -- on the lam since early July -- failed on Nov. 20, but sometime in the next few weeks a posse will make another attempt. The bull left his home on a farm on Prindle Hill Road, near the Orange-West Haven border, and hasn't looked back...

...Like many fugitives, Waldo has surrounded himself with accomplices.

"He's been traveling with a herd of deer, and they like to hang out and graze together,"...
    SOURCE:
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Thanks for the link! I just sent it to a local friend of mine with a USTPA horse. Waldo is lucky that he is running loose in the western part of the state. Many ropers and team penners over there, and a very tolerant police presence. Police officers in other parts of the state don't have the patience that these folks have shown, and would just shoot him to get the problem over and done with. I hope they are able to corral him soon.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

How come I have "Born to be wild" playing in my head now.

SCFarm
    The above post is an opinion, just an opinion. If it were a real live fact it would include supporting links to websites full of people who already agreed with me.

www.southern-cross-farm.com

"This steer is a Black Angus, a breed that is not known for liking people," George said. "We're lining up a date in the next few weeks when we can gather a team of about 20 volunteers, including large-animal veterinarians and representatives from the state (Department of Agriculture). It's not going to be an easy operation."
    Among the options being considered are tranquilizing the animal -- which has grown considerably over the summer -- and carrying or dragging it from his hideout. That operation will take several men, George said. A bovine version of a Have-A-Heart trap may be employed, baited with hay or other tasty treats. A tow truck may be used to help hoist the heifer into a holding pen.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/P...#ixzz1ffJEM4SA

WTF... Is it a bull, a steer or a heifer? It's undergone not only a castration but a sex change in the article...
    "Sadly, some people's greatest skill, is being an idiot". (facebook profile pic I saw).

Sheesh!

Don't you just love the Mainstream Media? No wonder they're often referred to as the "Jackals of Journalism".
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams