The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Ebay seller vent- updated Ebay fixed it for me

Yes, I admit I was stupid and screwed myself but well revenge can be fun.

I purchased a bit on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/180736407235...9#ht_500wt_949

It is listed as a 5.5 in. I really need the 5.5 inch bit as the 5 that I already own is too small. I specifically ask the seller to confirm that it is a 5.5 inch prior to me buying the bit. She does I buy it. It is dirty when it shows up. I measure it and it is a 5 inch bit. Once it was cleaned it revealed that it was marked as 125 mm which converts to 5 inches. So if she had looked at the bit she would have realized that it was not a 5.5.

She agrees that if I return the bit she will refund my money plus my shipping back costs. I return the bit. No refund, no refund, no refund. She received the bit back on 11/7/11 and relisted it as a 5 inch on 11/13/11
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4#ht_500wt_949
    I still don't have my refund. I went to report her today on ebay and I am out of luck. I had to report it to them by yesterday.

So I reported her current item on ebay- regretfully they don't have a clear selection for stolen so I reported it as fraudulent listing. I paid for the item, I own the item so in my mind it is stolen.
    I left negative feedback. "NEVER buy from this seller. Item not as described. Item returned. No refund
    And now I am posting my story here just because I need to vent.
    Do NOT buy from jacarety on ebay.
    She is S.G from Altamonte Springs, FL. If anybody from that area wants her full name PM me and I will provide it.

I am annoyed with myself since I had planned on reporting her on Friday night and time just go away from me this weekend. I reported it to ebay one day too late.

Yes I feel better now.
    Last edited by SonnysMom; Dec. 8, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

Maybe all of us with ebay accounts can 'send the seller a question' asking if she truly owns the bit!!
    About the only time losing is more fun than winning is when you're fighting temptation.
    -- Tom Wilson, actor & comedian

Quote Originally Posted by SonnysMom View Post
    ...I reported it to ebay one day too late.
    If you paid via credit card-funded PayPal payment (which I always do), do a chargeback on your CC. Hopefully you returned the bit with delivery confirmation so you can prove it was returned.

Good luck.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Quote Originally Posted by pony grandma View Post
    Maybe all of us with ebay accounts can 'send the seller a question' asking if she truly owns the bit!!
    That would be too funny
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

I would think if you paid through paypal you can try to re-coup the money that way, or is it too late for that also? That sucks. Just for fun I did "ask the seller a question" about why she had it listed previously as a different size and which is the correct info, and why it was relisted if it had been sold. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SonnysMom View Post
    Yes, I admit I was stupid and screwed myself but well revenge can be fun.

I purchased a bit on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/180736407235...9#ht_500wt_949

It is listed as a 5.5 in. I really need the 5.5 inch bit as the 5 that I already own is too small. I specifically ask the seller to confirm that it is a 5.5 inch prior to me buying the bit. She does I buy it. It is dirty when it shows up. I measure it and it is a 5 inch bit. Once it was cleaned it revealed that it was marked as 125 mm which converts to 5 inches. So if she had looked at the bit she would have realized that it was not a 5.5.

I have had that problem recently with finding a 5.5 grazing bit. So far I bought two, one when measured was 5" the other had some sort of stock tag saying it was a 5 1/2" but this one was close but not 5.5" Appears they may be measuring from the outside instead of the inside. In both cases prices were low, so I guess you get what you pay for. In both cases I was told to send back and they would refund, but not any of the postage either way, only the price of the item.

Default ebay vent

IMO it is never too late to file against her with ebay--------still do it and file with PayPal if you used them

With Ebay-squeaky wheels get the attention. Ebay generally favors buyers over sellers
    Open an Item not as described case-you have 90 days from date of purchase. You MUST be able to prove you sent it back and she received it. Delivery confirmation!

keep after Paypal. Hound them if you have to...they too favor the buyer over the seller.
    the NOT!! Spoiled!! Arabian Protectavest poster pony lives on in my heart http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...pscc2a5330.jpg

I never buy anything off ebay, just for the reason of bad sellers.

Too risky for me.

SO SORRY you had bad luck with this idiot seller. I wish I could help you out. I am far north of FL.

May she get persistant, and resistant ring worm on, and in, all the wrong places on her body.

<BG>

Quote Originally Posted by pony grandma View Post
    I'm in!!

Wow. So sorry you're dealing with this, but I hope you get it resolved soon. I heartily approve out outing the seller on COTH. Brilliant!!
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by macmtn View Post
    With Ebay-squeaky wheels get the attention. Ebay generally favors buyers over sellers
    Open an Item not as described case-you have 90 days from date of purchase. You MUST be able to prove you sent it back and she received it. Delivery confirmation!

keep after Paypal. Hound them if you have to...they too favor the buyer over the seller.
    I tried to open a case today. The automated response was I had 45 days/until 12.2.11 to file. I should contact the seller to work it out but they would be able to help me if I didn't get a resolution. I also found out that ebay has 7 day a week CS to call but I can't seem to locate a phone number to actually make that phone call. Paypal referred me back to ebay. I actually found the whole process extremely frustrating as I could not figure out how to actually communicate to ebay that I already had worked with the seller and she promised me a refund.
    I have a delivery confirmation. Plus of course the fact she relisted the item less than a week after I returned it this time with the correct size.
    Even though ebay said they would help if I couldn't get a resolution by working with the seller I haven't figured out how to contact them to actually get that to happen. Since I am outside the 45 day window I can't seem to open a case, I can't find a phone number and can't seem to email them with the fact that the seller promised me a refund and did not deliver.
    I also found it interesting that when I tried to report the new listing of the item there is no way to list it as stolen. I listed it as fraudulent but there is no way to write a comment on why I think it is fraudulent.
    I generally have had good luck with ebay. It is frustrating when I don't. I tried to cover my bases prior to buying it by asking her to confirm the size. The worst part was if she had bothered to clean the bit before listing it she would have realized there is a size stamped on the bit- it is a Happy Mouth.
    I also tried to resolve it through the seller as ebay recommends and she promised me a refund. On Weds I emailed her that I still had not gotten my refund and if I did not receive it by Friday I would report her to ebay. I just didn't get around to reporting it until Sunday. If I had reported it on Friday it was Day 45.

I appreciate people messaging her and harassing her a little. It it petty but it makes me feel better.

I have spent a lot of time on eBay recently looking for boots. It has struck me as odd that many sellers with a high volume of sales claim 100% positive ratings. I know this number is calculated by eBay and is not something the seller can fabricate, but it can't be true about so many sellers. Maybe the difficulties you describe are responsible for the unrealistic positive ratings.

I know also that a few years ago eBay changed their system to favor buyers and the result was widespread blackmail. My friend who made his living selling on eBay was getting blackmailed on every listing, where scanners would win the bids and then threaten him with negative reviews if he didn't pay them. So maybe this is how eBay corrected that situation.
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

She must have changed her policy. I see you are not the only person who has said that they returned and she didn't refund.

On that bit, she says the following under her return policy now

" *
    How do I return an item?
    jacarety doesn't accept returns."

Quote Originally Posted by Kate66 View Post
    On that bit, she says the following under her return policy now

" *
    How do I return an item?
    jacarety doesn't accept returns."
    A lot of sellers say that. All of my listings are set up as "no returns" but obviously, a seller is obligated to accept a return regardless if the item is not as described.

Googled Ebay customer service phone numbers and you get lots of hits to try!

http://www.google.com/search?q=ebay+...archBox&ie=&oe=
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Heehee...I feel so evil. But I've had a very stressful week, so this woman is getting the repercussion for it. I clicked "ask question", etc, and asked if she was certain it was 5" and and 5 1/2". Nothing too snarky, but still.

I wrote her.

I love COTH.

Giving this a bump.