The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    479

    Default You Can Help Equines In Need-Brennan Equine Welfare Fund Matching Gift Fundraiser

    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund (BEWF) is a fund-raising 501(c)(3) organization that benefits equines in need. Now through December 31, 2011, there is a $5,000 matching grant! That means twice the help for equines in need!!

    Ninety-eight (98%) of all donations go directly to help needy horses through grants to carefully scrutinized 501(c)(3) organizations that specialize in retirement/rehabilitation/retirement rescue shelters across the country which provide dignity to the final years of aged, injured, abused, starved and slaughter-bound horses, as well as those used in medical experimentation. This fund supports registered, 501(c)(3) organizations that specialize in retirement and rehabilitation services and offer a peaceful and permanent sanctuary for these beautiful animals. Shelters which offer carefully scrutinized adoption or re-placement services are also supported.

    Your donation is tax deductibe! What a great holiday gift for someone...a donation in their honor! Or, a great year-end donation!

    I hope you can find it in your hearts to help, even if it is just a little. Every little bit helps, and with the matching it adds up to do some real good for some very needy horses. You can see how BEWF helps horses by visiting the "Your Generosity Shows" page on the website.

    For more information and how to donate, please visit the website at: http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html

    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me!
    lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Bumping up....I mean, who couldn't use a tax deduction and help equines in need at the same time??
    Plus, where else that you could donate where 98% of your donation directly helps the horses?
    lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec. 13, 2005
    Location
    Strasburg, PA "Just west of Paradise"
    Posts
    3,969

    Default

    lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    Do you take a salary from the fund? Are your complete financials posted?



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2008
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7HL View Post
    Do you take a salary from the fund? Are your complete financials posted?
    No, I do not take a salary from the fund. All volunteer. All advertising materials, postage, etc. are donated.
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund (BEWF) is set up through The Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF). It is a 501(c)(3) community foundation with many funds under its umbrella. It is through them that BEWF has its own 501(c)(3), so any donation to BEWF is tax deductible. Financials are posted under The Greater Cincinnati Foundation, but that includes all funds within the GCF (where there are some salaries paid). BEWF does not do a separate 990 tax form.BEWF is what is called a Donor Advised Fund, meaning I run my own show as far as control over who gets awarded grants from the BEWF fund. In 2010, 98% of all donations to BEWF went to grant funding. The other 2% went to maintain an interest-bearing accoung for the BEWF-specific fund.

    Charity Navigator rates The Greater Cincinnati Foundation four stars (highest rating) http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...ary&orgid=3772

    As for Brennan Equine Welfare Fund specifically, here is the aforementioned 2010 chart- http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund....ontjpg0001.jpg

    Thanks for asking!!! If you have any more questions for me or would like a contact at GCF to talk to about BEWF, let me know!
    lindasp62
    Founder & Donor/Account Advisor
    Brennan Equine Welfare Fund
    http://www.brennanequinewelfarefund.com/index.html



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul. 6, 2012, 07:51 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec. 18, 2011, 09:18 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Jan. 20, 2011, 07:23 PM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec. 11, 2010, 06:30 PM
  5. Brennan Equine Welfare Fund 10 years! Fundraiser!
    By lindasp62 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr. 28, 2010, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •