The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Back to the Show Ring...UPDATE: Pics added on No 10 post.

Well this weekend marks my return to horse shows and I'm all sorts of emotions. I'm nervous, excited, hopeful, and feeling a bit out of touch too. The Chicklet and I started our career as ballsy eventers and though she is brave I was not so we switched to Dressage. She is an okay mover if I'm honest with myself and I'm an okay rider, again brutal honesty. I'm working with an amazing trainer who is going to be at the show (Thank God!) We are showing Second level and I will give updates as we go. Just wanting moral support I guess and any helpful nerve calming tips. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by TwoBrooksFarm; Dec. 7, 2011 at 07:22 PM.

Good luck and have fun. At least you'll have your trainer there to assist if needed but I'm guessing you have enough experience under your belt to get you through no matter what.
    Ranch of Last Resort
    www.annwylid.com

Well had a great show today! Second place in our first class and third in our second but a higher score in the second class. Show nerves were manageable thanks to my fabulous trainer getting my head together. Had fun and am actually excited about tomorrow!

Awesome! Congrats! Pics??

Pics will be online on Monday so ill try to link them to here.

Thinking good thoughts for another FUN day!!
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=

Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by rascalpony View Post
    I refuse to ride my cat out of the kitchen, mainly because I don't want to pay the hospital bills.

Well today was REALLY good. Our first ride of the day was Second 3. She warmed up very relaxed today and felt elastic (I was much more relaxed too... hmm wonder if the two are connected?) Went into the ring with this great trot got a great halt I did my salute and... we just stood there for a minute. Hmm... okay... squeeze again... nothing... squeeze harder... nothing... kick... flick of the tail... kick harder... oh yep got it Mom go forward. The rest of the test happened without much of a hitch but I was almost in tears coming down to the judge that first centerline... tears of laughter that is:-) silly filly! We wound up winning the class with a 66.666 hmm maybe in honor of Chicklets devilish moments? This is the first score we need for Championships so YEAH! Our second ride went without a long pause at X and we got a 65+ so I think I will believe people when they say I'm supposed to be in Second level rather than Intro even though I'm comfortable at Intro. :-P. I did have a video made of our Second 3 ride but don't know if I'm ballsy enough to post it. I'll try to link the photos when they are ready.

Um, yeah, sounds like Second level is about right -- for the time being. Then onward and upward to Third! Congratulations again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rascalpony View Post
    I refuse to ride my cat out of the kitchen, mainly because I don't want to pay the hospital bills.

Default Pics are here!

Thanks Sillyhorse! Here are the pics... http://www.wncphoto.com/hoh2011/171.hoh11/

Woo Hoo! Lots of good stuff there

Let me know if you are interested in some pointers...
    www.destinationconsensusequus.com
    chaque pas est fait ensemble

Pointers are always good. I know we were tense and short in the first test and the second test she was tired and a bit heavy but more relaxed and open in her stride (and I was more relaxed too) . I don't think they have the Sunday rides up yet.