The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Lease: Beginner/Kid Safe 14hh cremello mare- College Station, TX

Ellie is a 14hh, approx. 5 year old cremello mare. Super quiet, somewhat lazy. Would be a perfect horse for someone looking to putter around on trails or for someone looking for a horse for their beginner/child to learn to ride on (as far as basics go- she isn't a "schoolmaster" pony as far as any specific discipline goes- see below). Has the smoothest trot I've ever ridden. Nickers at everyone- loves people. Ellie has absolutely no buck, bolt, rear or spook in her. Ever. She can be ridden daily or once a year and she is still the same horse.

Ellie can be lazy at times (sometimes needs a crop to get her going), but she's a great confidence builder. She has a super soft mouth, and is easy to get along with. Low horse on the totem pole, has been turned out with both mares and geldings.

Ellie doesn't have any formal discipline-specific training, and is currently out of shape, but could easily do anything at the lower levels (although I don't think she'd ever have the speed to be a competitive jumper). Ellie isn't the prettiest girl out there conformation-wise, but her personality more than makes up for it.

Looking for someone interested in a full or partial free lease, lease/purchase or purchase. With my current work schedule, I just don't have the time to give her the attention she deserves! Please PM for more information (or for pictures!).

Here is a link to a few pictures of her (I have more!): http://s316.photobucket.com/albums/mm351/murieics/

Would love to find someone to ride her- I don't have the time to ride her as often as I'd like her to be ridden. It doesn't really cause any issues for her personality/behavior-wise- she is just out of shape because of it.

Bump for this nice girl.