The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
    Elizabethtown, KY

Default Jumper Stallions to add height/leg, shorter back

I have a couple mares who could stand a little longer leg and shorter back. Main two are KWPN. Have had nice foals by Numero Uno and Zirocco Blue.

Looking for ideas for 2012 and gonna start early. Tried Crespo for one last year but sadly she lost it. Have one dose left.

I don't want anything HUGE, just would like to not end up with something longer or shorter legged than they are, but both are very nice mares. Prefer modern, catty types with exceptional canter and jump.

Would like some fresh and frozen suggestions, will probably start with frozen and switch if I have no luck. Prefer KWPN approved, but will look at any others that fit the bill. Thanks!
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

Kannan - (Voltaire/Nimmedor) crazy about this one
    Van Gogh (Numero Uno/Bernstein/Burggraff)
    Tangelo v/d Zuuthhoeve - (Narcos II/Laudanum/Ramiro)

All of them are very technically correct in front, have all the scope, and good elastic uphill canters. I guess it depends on how much blood you need.

I do like the Landlord suggestion as well. I wish I could find some freejumping photos.

right here

Nooo! I was looking forward to seeing your Crespo! I was unsuccessful getting mine in foal to him and was looking forward to yours! Sorry that I have no suggestions, but the best of luck to you (and your nice horses!)!
    "We are all adrift. We must invent a world in which to survive"
    Samuel Beckett

Wellborn, Florida

Default Consider Lotus T

Lotus T definitely puts on the long legs, strong backs and the canter you desire.

Take a look at Verdi at Team Nijhof ( When I read your post, he immediately came to my mind. I have a 4 year old gelding by him that I bred and your description of what you want (out of your stated mares) fits my gelding to a tee. I have seen other offspring by him and he seems to be "stamping" his offspring.

I have personally seen Verdi when we visited Team Nijhof in Holland and he is a beautiful guy.

They do have frozen in the US and if you purchase directly through Jeanette at Team Nijhof they offer a live foal guarantee with the frozen. He is approved KWPN.

Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page