The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Need YouTube help!

I finally figured out how to get my baby videos uploaded. I downloaded some songs from Amazon (mp3 downloads) but apparently I cannot use them because of copyright infringement. I don't mind paying more to use the music, but how do I do that? I tried downloading some software that converts the music to useable format, but that didn't work. Experienced YouTubers... check in!!!
    Thanks

YouTube offers you the opportunity to do an "AudioSwap" to replace your current soundtrack with music from the YouTube library of 'open forum' music. There is no charge for the music. You can select by varioius categories and also by length of sound track to match the length of your video. Best of Luck.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I've had 0 luck using music that 'I like' for videos. What does work - You Tube's Audio Swap. Tons of music to choose from, no worries about having a video taken down...painless really.

But it is not the same as selecting music (like a freestyle type of coordinated timing effort) but at least the videos stay up.

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

If you have a iTunes account and have purchased the songs, then add those purchased songs to your videos, YouTube and iTunes allow you to use the songs. They make a little ad in the corner under the view count for the song from iTunes for others to click on. Here is one I made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fseVxfVjcwA

If you google open source music, several good sites are available with open source music. I have used this site: http://www.archive.org/details/audio quite a lot making our videos. Have fun!!!!!