The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Best Place To Sell Weaning

I have a limited advertising budget, but have a very special weanling sitting in my field. Besides Warmbloods-For-Sale, are there any other sites to market Hunter-bred foals where I would get the most bang for my buck?
    Boarding for Show, Pleasure, and Retirement horses. www.LockeMeadows.com

I know it is not for everyone, but FB! I have sold every one of my weanlings there, including and inutero for 2014, I have bought several horses and ponies from there and have sold tack as well. Our weanling Kindergarten program is now almost full from people we have meet on FB. They are able to watch the progress of theirs and other foals in our prgram. I have also sent buyers to (FB) friends since I no longer have anything available myself. The only other place I advertised in the past 3 years was Warmbloods4sale, and while I did get a few emails, FB is where my buyers have all come from. The best part about FB is being able to stay connected and updated with the new buyer. I no longer have to wait for emails to let me know how they are doing. So again, while not for everyone, I have found it to work wonderfully for us. Good luck
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube

BigEq maybe? I plan on advertising one of my weanlings there. Like alliekat, I find facebook to be extremely helpful with selling horses.

Virginia and North Carolina, Parrothead Clique!

I have mine advertised on this website, the new Nasporthorseprospects.com site, and on FB. I have received ZERO inquiries. I think it's a very tough market right now.

Every horse I've sold has been through FB. Well one I met here on COTH but she followed the filly on FB till she bought her. . I get a lot more inqueries there than from any sale site.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by acottongim View Post
    Every horse I've sold has been through FB. Well one I met here on COTH but she followed the filly on FB till she bought her. . I get a lot more inqueries there than from any sale site.
    *cough* Yep, facebook definitely facilitated the online stalking... errr... research... until I was ready to buy... *cough*

I'm finding it interesting - from the recent buyer's perspective, I find it easier to keep track of horses on facebook than sales sites. I added Anissa and her farm after we "met" here, and knew I loved her program - but honestly expected Ellie to sell before I was able to get her, so was keeping an eye out for the future generations for possibilities. I have the farm pages for a lot of other COTHers on my facebook as well; it helps to have reminders pop up in your facebook stream from farms whose horses you like to remember to check if they have anything which seems the right fit. In comparison, sales sites are extremely user unfriendly.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Quote Originally Posted by LockeMeadows View Post
    I have a limited advertising budget, but have a very special weanling sitting in my field. Besides Warmbloods-For-Sale, are there any other sites to market Hunter-bred foals where I would get the most bang for my buck?
    Facebook page started to help NA breeders:
    https://www.facebook.com/sporthorseprospect

Add them here for FREE
    Richard, Approved Black KWPN Stallion
    Website
    and Facebook page
    Oh Kaptain Underpants SFS, Approved BRp pony stallion
    Website and Facebook page

Another FB youngstock sale page

http://www.facebook.com/groups/467813656571021/
    Last edited by Cloverbarley; Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:23 AM.

Clover, that link did not work for me.

IMHO, these facebook group pages are mostly flooded by sellers. I have gotten buyers from using my own pages, both my personal and business page.

Quote Originally Posted by Callaway View Post
    IMHO, these facebook group pages are mostly flooded by sellers. I have gotten buyers from using my own pages, both my personal and business page.
    Very true - I do post on the sales sites on FB, but frankly more sales come (and even breedings to Tate) come from my personal page and/or my farm/stallion pages.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Callaway View Post
    I agree. I share all these FB sales pages with my friends and hopefully they will share with their friends to try to make the audience wider than just sellers advertising to other sellers. My website is what brings in most of my sales, or people just emailing on spec to ask what I have available for sale.