The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sex and the City

What ever was the appeal of that show?

I think it was on of my sister's favorites, but then again she liked 90210....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

I loved it. Still watch the reruns. Totally unrealistic, but I think the writing is good and there's plenty of eye candy and I think a lot of women relate to the man problems. It ain't rocket science, but it's fun. Or so I think!

I really enjoyed it as well, mostly the freedom with which the gals got to chat with each other.

(learned my lesson the hard way, never quote SatC to a coworker as a joke, they won't get it...).

But I don't want re-runs any more , maybe I should...
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

My BF bought me the series box set for Christmas one year. He's a keeper.
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

I enjoy SATC. Ridiculous and unrealistic, but mostly well-written and fun. And I love the clothes. The reruns aren't any fun because they take out all the good parts!

I love it. I love the style, the friendships, NYC, I love everything about it, I watch the reruns, even though I own most of the seasons on DVD. it was a well written show about love between friends and reminds me of my own girlfriends and the love we have for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedsAdvil View Post
    I love it. I love the style, the friendships, NYC, I love everything about it, I watch the reruns, even though I own most of the seasons on DVD. it was a well written show about love between friends and reminds me of my own girlfriends and the love we have for one another.
    This sums me up pretty well, with the exception of owning the DVD. I catch it on E Channel almost every day, and find myself irritated if it's pre-empted by the Krashdashians!

I'm really looking forward to the next movie, even though it's a prequel. Wonder if any of the actresses will show up in it?
    When people show you who they truly are, believe them. Maya Angelou

Agree! I love Sex and the City.

I think "I Heart NY" is probably my favorite television episode of any show. That particular episode from start to finish was excellent. I really loved the last season. I wish I owned the box set!

It is one of those shows I watch when I want a "me day" on the couch. I sometimes disagree with the characters and their expectations of men/relationships, but it is still really a well written show, imo.

I have never watched 90210, so have no idea how it compares. My instinct from commercials says the two are apples and oranges though?

Also, I did NOT like the Sex and the City movies. Bleck!
    The Mighty Thoroughbred Clique
    Freaky Farm Hermit Clique

I loved the show and even my husband couldn't wait to see the movie - the first one - and he's 62! We would talk about the characters and what they should do just like a couple of schoolkids. I didn't know a prequel was coming out, should be good.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

love the Sex and the City shows, my husband doesn't get it but I find them fun and entertaining

Pretty much sums it up but I don't have the DVD's. It's just a fun show to watch that's really well written!

Just read a bunch on the prequel...

Blake Lively as Samantha?? Selena Gomez as Charlotte?? Emma Roberts as Miranda?? That Olsen girl as Carrie??

No thanks. I'll sit out that film. BLECK
    The Mighty Thoroughbred Clique
    Freaky Farm Hermit Clique

I'll be skipping that as well, but I like the casting.
    Any time someone talks about their horse in a bar, there's love in the room.

Hated it. Perpetuated the stereotype that all women are vaporheads obsessed with men and fashion. Seriously, I never saw that any of them had lives or interests outside of their wardrobes and getting men (in the few episodes I watched).

As the series went on, the women, and their relationship, matured as well. They wanted everything that most women want, and represented a LOT of viewpoints in just 4 people. I still envy them their friendship. It has been too long since I had that kind of girlfriend(s).
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

I LOVE it! *written as I'm watching the marathon on Style*
    Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others.

Always loved it. Realize it is a romantic view of NYC but I loved the clothes, and the shoes and the girltalk....always watch re-runs when I find them. Don't mind the edits, all they took out was the T&A and potty mouth...don't miss those.

Nope, not a fan. I just found it hard to believe that those four women would choose to be friends?? Mirandra drove me crazy, Carrie was the only one I thought was somewhat interesting.

I'll watch it every so often in reruns but don't go out of my way.

Was Miranda the kinda fugly short haired one? The perpetual unhappy machine? UGH! She drove me nuts too!

The other three, meh. I thought the main character kind of icky, the slutty blond funny and the prissy dark haired one also funny in a weird way.
    The Knotted Pony

Proud and upstanding member of the Snort and Blow Clique.