The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Moneighs on eBay!

Copypasting from ReRun's press release:

Rerun, Inc. announces the dates for the annual holiday auction of Moneighs® (original, abstract, paintings created by some of North America’s best Thoroughbreds) will be held on ebay® from Nov. 27 to Dec. 4, 2011.

This auction features “Competition at its best,” and “patterns the game of six degrees of separation.” “All the artists are intertwined, or have raced against each other.” said Moneigh® project director, Mary Simons. One example of competition is between four artists who ran against each other in the 2007 Triple Crown races.
    In the 2007 KY Derby, Street Sense finished first, Hard Spun, 2nd, Curlin 3rd, and Cowtown Cat finished last. However, is Cowtown Cat the most talented artist of that group?
    Other featured artists who are connected to each other through Graded stakes races or pedigree are:
    Albert The Great, Lido Palace, Artie Schiller, Kitten’s Joy, Bernardini, Greeley’s Legacy, Sun King, Colonel John, Einstein, Magna Graduate, Tale Of Ekati, Big Brown, Evening Attire, Medaglia D’Oro, Repent, Monarchos, Congaree, and Western Pride.

Once again, the auction will be held on ebay® Nov. 27 – Dec. 4, however, paintings are available year round on the www.rerun.org website. Anyone can view the paintings and decide who is the best artist, competing off the race track.

To view Moneigh® paintings, go to www.ebay.com and type the search word “moneigh”; go to www.rerun.org and click on the ebay® icon on the left side of the website; or click on the word Moneighs on the bottom of the Rerun website..

Quote Originally Posted by grits View Post
    In the 2007 KY Derby, Street Sense finished first, Hard Spun, 2nd, Curlin 3rd, and Cowtown Cat finished last. However, is Cowtown Cat the most talented artist of that group?
    I am the proud owner of an earlier Cowtown Cat Moneigh, and I love it. He's a real 'artiste'

I think Congaree did a nice job utilizing textures and layering, while there is a certain Chinese brush-painting/koi pond effect with Albert the Great.

(However I refuse to believe Sun King didn't have a LOT of help with that one....)

Auction ends today! Interesting bidding patterns on the paintings - looks like the expectant dads are drawing lots of attention, courtesy of their mates.

Time for the annual spring auction!

First time I've seen a painting by Storm Cat! There are also paintings by In Lingerie, Go for Gin, Smarty Jones (his painting looks like the equine version of Guernica), Funny Cide, Colonel John, Monarchos, Shackleford, Lemon Drop Kid, and a host of others!

Currently the high bidder on the Shackleford moneigh.

Auction ends today, 6pm EDT. Shackleford's painting is now over $1,000, and Storm Cat's will get there, too. The bidding is instructive and entertaining, in its own right.

I knew I should have bid on the one by Madcap Escapade! It was the only one I really wanted and whomever got it has no idea of just how lucky they are...
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsella View Post
    I knew I should have bid on the one by Madcap Escapade! It was the only one I really wanted and whomever got it has no idea of just how lucky they are...
    It was a bargain ($385), considering some of the other winning bids - like Smarty Jones, Shackleford, and Storm Cat, all of whose paintings surpassed $1,000. Cigar's painting got close.

Default Moneigh by Animal Kingdom, ends tonight!

ReRun is again auctioning Moneighs on eBay, featuring paintings by past and hopeful Breeders Cup winners and including one by the mighty Animal Kingdom. Bids look very low by usual standards, and money goes to a good cause.

Auction ends tonight. Search "moneigh" in eBay.

Boy, Awesome Again is rather...assertive in his color choices, isn't he? And Animal Kingdom likes Christmas colors!

Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Boy, Awesome Again is rather...assertive in his color choices, isn't he? And Animal Kingdom likes Christmas colors!
    I'm guessing cuz those are the colors of his silks.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

ReRun just listed another batch of Moneighs on eBay for their big holiday sale. Storm Cat's second painting and his halter are among the items listed . . . but it looks like Mandy Pope might be bidding. LOL! Here's the link.

What is up with Zippy Chippy? I admit I haven't seen Moneigh's before this batch, but his is SO different!
    Holy crap, how does Darwin keep missing you? ~Lauruffian

Quote Originally Posted by axl View Post
    What is up with Zippy Chippy? I admit I haven't seen Moneigh's before this batch, but his is SO different!
    According to the description:
    "His personality carried over to his art but the artist’s assistants got several muzzle strokes from him before going to the tail stroke-thus the “Z”. "

Bids are unusually low (except for Storm Cat's painting). Impressive art work by impressive horses - and some important halters, too! You can get a unique gift and help ReRun help OTTBs.

(I'm just an enthusiast and have no connection with ReRun, otherwise.)

Paintings and halters sell within the hour. Last chance to ogle and/or bid.

Red face

WAIT!!! I wanted to bid, but the sale must have closed already?

Who closes a sale in the middle of the day?

Sunday sales always close at midnight ET and 9pm pacific time.

Damn! "Moneigh" shows 0 items and the Re-Run site has nothing liusted. So I guess everything sold all at once?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."