The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hiddenacresmi View Post
    Of course I think today I have made the 2012 decisions but need to see foals born in the spring to see how those pairings turned out to finalize.. .. .then of course the day before breeding I'll probably change everything

[...]
    Exactly this ! I want to see first what I get and move on from there ! Well and I have not yet started a mental list for them. Have just some ideas. One rule for me is also to choose a stallion where I can get semen myself and do not need to rely on any fedex etc.

One I have actually planned but need to find out about logistics and options at all: Blue Hors Romanov to Suaheli (Sandro Hit - Rouletto) who will not have a foal in 2012. Or something pretty crazy (for germany) via frozen.

I am expecting - Romanov - Wolkenstein - Matcho. If possible and foal good, want to breed her back to Romanov. On the idea list for her Licotus.

Next one in 2012 is a Benetton Dream - Florencio - Prince Thatch xx. I would like a change here after the third edition of this combination. But no idea yet. loved the grey Dimaggio son from last year's licensing - need to find out about logistics here aswell. I think he did a good SPT lately - need to look that up. D line works well with this mareline.

Then I expect Conen - Don Frederico - Prince Thatch xx. This mare we need to find out what to do with her. Actually I would like her to get under saddle again. We'll see.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    2017: Lissaro - SPS Don Frederico - Prince Thatch and Finnigan - Sandro Hit - Rouletto

I have a TB mare that I have one can get one foal from so I think I am going with Federalist.

Dancing Synatra xx to Federalist

It was tough to choose between him and ROC USA. But Federalist's type seems to match better with hers.

So I have a Mistletoe x Romantic Star due June 12th from Gray Fox..

Then will have a 2013 Federalist also from Gray fox..

Hopefully the Mistletoe foal will be my jumper and the Federalist will be my Derby horse... or at least my AO horse.

VERY EXCITED!
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

Very exciting to read everyone's plans for the new year. I too wish we could just skip over the 'winter part'.

Last year I posted about my young A Fine Romance daughter, TB, full sister to winning GP jumper, Advanced eventer, her pedigree is here www.pedigreequery.com/tuscany+romance
    I had some wonderful suggestions for stallions, (thank you!) but for a number of reasons, did not end up breeding her.
    So here I am, back in the same spot as this time last year.

Since I do not have a vet who is good with frozen, I would have to send her out to a clinic. This is doable but not my first choice.

There are some wonderful stallions who are US based who I LOVE (many owned by members here) - but the whole CEM situation is a consideration.

The easiest most straightforward option is a stallion based in Canada....

She is a big girl, about 16.3, leggy, with a great topline and deep hip.
    She is a very good mover, and an exceptional jumper.
    If I got something exactly like her I would be thrilled.
    I am leaning toward jumper stallion with a high % of TB blood.

A conundrum, I know. If anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them.
    "When they go low, we go high." Michelle Obama

Is As di Villagana available in CDN ? At least he stands there and I really liked his offspring over here.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    2017: Lissaro - SPS Don Frederico - Prince Thatch and Finnigan - Sandro Hit - Rouletto

If the breeding Gods shine on me ( and the drought eases up) I have my ASB mare booked to Wild Dance and my TB mare hopefully going to Valentino Z.
    I'm still looking for the right Hanoverian or Holstein mare to add to my collection.
    Last edited by Fourbeats; Dec. 4, 2011 at 05:43 PM.

Default Irish Draughts

I have three RID mares going to my new stallion Shamrocks Irish Mocha RID (Titan) and we will start early for him to get them in foal. I have two RID mares due late for the last chance of a stallion candidate from the wonderful old boy Hangon Johnny RID who died last month. I have a breeding to Touch of the Blues to still use as my mare didn't catch in a late try this year. I have another mare who will be late to foal so we will see how that goes and consider who to use with her and who is still collecting. I will so miss Johnny. PatO

Fred - have you looked at Quidam Blue?
    He is at Equitop Farm, and I was quite impressed with his breeding, pictures and video. Not "heavy" ... might be a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Very exciting to read everyone's plans for the new year. I too wish we could just skip over the 'winter part'.

Last year I posted about my young A Fine Romance daughter, TB, full sister to winning GP jumper, Advanced eventer, her pedigree is here www.pedigreequery.com/tuscany+romance
    I had some wonderful suggestions for stallions, (thank you!) but for a number of reasons, did not end up breeding her.
    So here I am, back in the same spot as this time last year.

Since I do not have a vet who is good with frozen, I would have to send her out to a clinic. This is doable but not my first choice.

There are some wonderful stallions who are US based who I LOVE (many owned by members here) - but the whole CEM situation is a consideration.

The easiest most straightforward option is a stallion based in Canada....

She is a big girl, about 16.3, leggy, with a great topline and deep hip.
    She is a very good mover, and an exceptional jumper.
    If I got something exactly like her I would be thrilled.
    I am leaning toward jumper stallion with a high % of TB blood.

A conundrum, I know. if anyone has any suggestions I would welcome them.
    Were you thinking of Mighty Magic last year?

I am going to breed Zara [Zen] to IRONMAN again, that has been a winning combination.
    I will also breed Emma [Viscount] to IRONMAN
    I may breed an Ironman daughter, Inca, to Titulus
    Nancy
    Home of Ironman: GOV, BWP, RPSI, CSHA, AWR, ISR Oldenburg, CWHBA, CSHA, CS, and PHR.
    www.ironmanonline.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
    Is As di Villagana available in CDN ? At least he stands there and I really liked his offspring over here.
    I love As di, alexandra, as far as I know he is in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydays View Post
    Fred - have you looked at Quidam Blue?
    He is at Equitop Farm, and I was quite impressed with his breeding, pictures and video. Not "heavy" ... might be a match.
    Thanks for the suggestion, Sunnydays, I'll go have a look.

EquineLVR, Mighty Magic was one of the suggestions for her. The horse I loved (still love) is Diamant de Semilly.... but there were a lot of great suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestion, Sunnydays, I'll go have a look.

EquineLVR, Mighty Magic was one of the suggestions for her. The horse I loved (still love) is Diamant de Semilly.... but there were a lot of great suggestions.

So how come you dont just use Diamant? Just curious..

He is only available frozen, and pretty expensive - last time I looked $5,000 I think.
    (but if anyone has different info I'd love to hear).

Well Fred, you keep talking about wanting a Connemara/TB cross, how about *ArdCeltic Art? That would make a pretty cool horse I would think

Quote Originally Posted by columbus View Post
    I have three RID mares going to my new stallion Shamrocks Irish Mocha RID (Titan) and we will start early for him to get them in foal. I have two RID mares due late for the last chance of a stallion candidate from the wonderful old boy Hangon Johnny RID who died last month. I have a breeding to Touch of the Blues to still use as my mare didn't catch in a late try this year. I have another mare who will be late to foal so we will see how that goes and consider who to use with her and who is still collecting. I will so miss Johnny. PatO
    I hope you get your colts (wow.. so rare to wish someone colt vibes lol).
    "Sadly, some people's greatest skill, is being an idiot". (facebook profile pic I saw).

I'm actually unknown at this point. We had someone interested in a potential lease for Sandro Hit, but if that doesn't pan out I'm playing it by ear. Our girl is in foal to Kinnaras right now, depending on that foal we may rebreed to him - or go back to UB40 or Prestige (I keep gravitating toward him). I want a keeper filly from her at some point, and a clone of this years filly from UB40 would be just what the doctor ordered, but a rebreed would guarantee chestnut colts from here on out, lol. So it's the wait and see game, but at least I have it narrowed to 3 (for now). Hereagain, if there is Fiorano frozen in the States that might be another monkey wrench.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Pony View Post
    Well Fred, you keep talking about wanting a Connemara/TB cross, how about *ArdCeltic Art? That would make a pretty cool horse I would think
    very cool, I agree, I love ArdCelticArt.
    His owner also has an ACA baby out of an AFR/Mystic Replica x Trak mare.

Well, I have tentative plans.

(FPS Friesian mare) Maggie to Trakehner E.H. Connery

I only have one Connery dose though. If she doesn't catch, I'll probably use KWPN stallion, Lord Leatherdale.

(FPS Friesian Mare) Wanda to FEI Friesian Sporthorse stallion Lexington ROF. This will be a very special 3/4 Friesian foal!

(FSA - Hanoverian x Friesian mare) Sadie to FPS approved Friesian stallion, Haitse 425

Sadie is by Sinatra Song, out of Friesian mare Maggie.
    This will be a repeat breeding, if her 2012 foal is as nice as I think it will be.

(FSA - Oldenburg x Friesian mare) Destiny to GP Friesian stallion Eeltsje F.

Destiny is by Donatelli, out of Friesian mare Maggie.
    This will be her first foal.

I'm finally getting to some more Friesian F1 backcrosses. My first one is due late June 2012.
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability

As an alternative to Diamont de Semilly (and a more affordable fee) here is a young stallion by the same sire (the famous le Tot de Semilly) out of a GP mare....... I saw him when he was at SBS - a sweet sane correct looking horse it seemed.

http://doublehfarm.org/viewhorse.php?id=42&cat=1

(Plus you can be assured if he has the talent the owners will have the means to get him to the top.)

But you have such a wonderful mare.....you have all kinds of opportunity and a lot of right choices that you could make!

He is only available frozen, and pretty expensive - last time I looked $5,000 I think.
    (but if anyone has different info I'd love to hear).
    I did not realize he was so expensive.. not that he should'nt be..

what about Herald 3 - can you get his frozen anywhere? That would be cool.

I have also really liked Kalaska de Semilly - he has Night and Day xx as the dam sire and is a Diamant son.