The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Fun!

Well after a bad year were gonna try again;

Starfeld (Schoenfeld E Mare) to Glasgow V'et Merelsnest
    Valentine for II to Silverstone
    Earthen Vow to Corland
    Absolute Dream to Tinka's Boy
    Devilas to either Sheraton, Brugal or Chaleon....can't decide at all and keep changing my mind
    Ring Dancer (currently in foal to Arezzo) was going to be Cantos, but I hear his semen here is iffy, so open on that one maybe a new VDL stud

Who are you breeding Injoy to Signature? And Fielding? I wish someone out there would use that seamen on some smaller mares. ahf has a foal by him that is gorgeous but big, they are all so big. Love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Signature View Post
    Anxious to see your Livello foal, Hillside!!
    You and me both! But it is a long wait; not due until June!
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

I have a Fielding coming from my Rascalino/ Warkant/ Argentan mare.

For 2012: Florencio to my Bruderherz/ Akzent II mare.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Of course I think today I have made the 2012 decisions but need to see foals born in the spring to see how those pairings turned out to finalize.. .. .then of course the day before breeding I'll probably change everything

Anyway.. here are thoughts to date for breedings 1-3 for each mare, Thankfully everyone took on first try this year:

1. EMC Donnalja (Don Frederico) Belissimo,Dancier,Brentano
    2. EM Radunja (Rosentau) DeNiro, Londonderry, Contucci
    3. EM Halleluja (His Highness) Dancier,Rotspon, Londonderry
    4. EM Heiress (His Highness) Weltmeyer, Wolkenstein, Rotspon

Working on my spreadsheet as we speak.. pulling all data together on mares and stallions and hoping deep analysis will point me in the right direction... or as last resort will throw dart at wall with stallion names
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net
    Imported from Germany, Assembled in Michigan
    Rare damline of 7 direct generations of Elite/States Premium Mares.

Hillside - June! Ugh! That IS a long wait! Very interested in Livello though. However, the fresh is so easy, it gets good to us! haha!

hansiska - Oh cool! I am excited to see more Fieldings. We may use him on our TB mare who is very nice but just needs more elasticity and power. She tends to produce tall and leggy, but not heavy. Her Apiro and Amazing fillies are both very modern and elegant. With most our mares being older, we don't have a ton of good frozen candidates anymore, and with the added costs, we want to pick a good one We have another in mind so not sure just yet.

PP - We haven't quite decided yet on Injoy! Her nicest two foals have been the '11 Harvard and the '10 Furst Impression, so we'll have to talk to those two SO's and see what we can do! Or, we could try something new... she is in foal to Sir Gregory right now for her 7th; and it really does help to have many foals from a mare to see what she is really consistently contributing and so forth. We have her pegged at this point, LOL!
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

Just one fo rme next season....

I will be breeding my Corland mare to Voltaire....I also have a Popeye breeding I would like to use on her as well so we will see.

Ugh...after the horribly hot summer and drought this year, we HAD 8 mares confirmed in foal, but when the temps soared to 115 degrees for almost a week, our next preg checks resulted in just four mares in foal. At that point, we gave up and decided to just re-set the clock and get everyone ready early.

We'll wait to see on a few of the breedings to see how they turn out. The Christ x Dixieland Jazz d/Avalon (Don Principe x Mata Hari/Mannhattan) foal is out of a maiden mare, so definitely want to see that one before deciding if we want to try again. We have one dose left of Christ semen. We bred Persis (Prince Optimus x Gaberdine/Grundstein) to Goldmaker so will wait to see on that one, as well . Last but not least on the wait and see group is the Edelweiss x Aiyanna/Arrian cross. So, three out of four of our foals for 2012 are new crosses and I need to wait in order to make a decision. With that said, these are our definite breedings for 2012:

Escudo II x Morticia/Mannhattan for a repeat of Edward Scissorhands d'Avalon. Edward will be presented this year for his stallion inspection.
    Mannhattan x Faberge/Frohwind - that one is just a tried and true cross that we will just keep on doing. It produced Morticia
    Edward Scissorhands x Piping Hot/Pablito
    Edward Scissorhands x Pilar/Pointmaker
    Goldmaker x LA Jouelle/LA Express

Up in the air on:
    Macy's Rainbow (Mannhattan x Delilah/Vosmaer) but "think" we'll do Edelweiss with her

NicNac (Ariadus x Janna II/Loutano) but will probably do Edelweiss or Goldmaker with her.

YIKES!!! How'd we get so many mares????
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Quote Originally Posted by Signature View Post
    hansiska - Oh cool! I am excited to see more Fieldings. We may use him on our TB mare who is very nice but just needs more elasticity and power. She tends to produce tall and leggy, but not heavy. Her Apiro and Amazing fillies are both very modern and elegant. With most our mares being older, we don't have a ton of good frozen candidates anymore, and with the added costs, we want to pick a good one We have another in mind so not sure just yet.
    Well, you're welcome to come take a look or call to chat. My mare is super elastic but not wildly tall (should finish around 16.1). You may want to take the chance on Fielding's frozen; my mare took on the first try and I don't think that's out of the ordinary for Fielding. Kate is great to work with and I'm sure she'd give you all his stats.
    Kendra
    Runningwater Warmbloods & Mare Station

Home of SPS Diorella (Donnerhall/ Akut), EMC What Fun (Wolkentanz I/ Lauries Crusador), and EMC Raleska (Rascalino/ Warkant) 'Like' us on Facebook

Very excited for 2012 breedings!

I have two to breed this year, breeding my Section B Welsh mare (Glannant Sunray x Liseter Lovesong) to Hilin Peredur, an imported black Section B Welsh. Should be an outstanding cross, her first foal by Otteridge Foxtrot is coming five and has really turned out to be an incredible pony (great mind, cute mover, brave, awesome with kids). Hoping for a filly this time around as I'd love to have an extension of this mare's bloodlines!

Hilin Peredur: http://www.foxmorponies.com/stallion.html

Also hoping to breed my Northern Raja thoroughbred daughter to a young Section A Welsh stallion as a test breeding. He's by Pengwyn out of a Cymraeg Rainbeau daughter so very excited to see how he will produce!

Coldplay: http://twinoak-farm.com/stallions.html

Ready to go straight through winter and arrive at breeding/foaling season!! Good luck to all this Spring!!

Though I am hanging up my spurs for the most part, I will probably try a couple of ETs with Wolkenstanza (Wolkentanz I/ Rohdiamant) - probably one with Fidertanz and the other with either Stedinger, Rousseau or For Compliment. I may also breed Dominique (Don Schufro/ Rohdiamant) if all goes well when she foals her Bellissimo M baby. She has my only foal for next year, as I just sold the ET baby in utero. Last year was so bad, both for foal health and breeding mares back. I will be glad to see the end of the year.

Hillside and Signature: Here are a few pics of my Livello filly at her inspection this year. https://picasaweb.google.com/1129773...39/2011Livella

Try this link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1129773...eat=directlink
    I am sure you will love yours.

I am contemplating selling my Contender mare but if not I think I will breed her to Quite Easy or As di Villagana. She is currently in foal to Catoki for the 3rd time!

Her coming 3 yr old daughter by Catoki will go to either Quite Easy or As di Villagana. I have some Diarado but I think the Contender is too close?

I want to do an ET with my Donnerhall mare and have been going crazy with this one Suggestions -
    Last edited by bluemoonfarms; Dec. 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM.
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

I'm down to just two broodmares. Not sure if I should put a or a after that lol.

My Dutch mare will be bred back to my Friesian Sporthorse stallion Lexington. This match has produced two FSA National Inspection Champions in a row (2010 and 2011, full siblings) and the 2011 USDF/DSHB Southeast Regional Champion "Foals of Current Year".

My cremello German Wbld mare will be old enough to breed next year, but I think I'm going to lease her to another breeder, who wants to breed her to my stallion. And if I don't lease her out, I'll breed her to my stallion. So either way, she'll be bred to Lexington

That's it for me......
    River Oaks Farm - home of the Elite Book Friesian Sporthorse Grand Prix dressage stallion Lexington - sire of four consecutive FSA National Inspection Champions. Endorsing the FSA.

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    We bred Persis (Prince Optimus x Gaberdine/Grundstein) to Goldmaker so will wait to see on that one, as well .
    Hi Kathy,
    Gabardine was from my breeding program, probably 25 years ago or so. It is good to see that those bloodlines are living on at your farm, too. I have two mares that are fourth generation from Gabardine's dam in my program, too! Let me know what you get when she foals.
    http://www.rollingstonefarm.com
    Large Oldenburg and Hanoverian breeding farm
    Standing Shakespeare RSF, Fhitzgerald, Sir James and the homebred stallion Dheputy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSwanson View Post
    Hi Kathy,
    Gabardine was from my breeding program, probably 25 years ago or so. It is good to see that those bloodlines are living on at your farm, too. I have two mares that are fourth generation from Gabardine's dam in my program, too! Let me know what you get when she foals.
    How FUN is that, Mo? She's a lovely mare I had on a breeding lease and liked her well enough I bought her ! I'll make sure to send you some pics of that baby. Should be pretty darn spectacular in so many ways <smile>.
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoonfarms View Post
    Hillside and Signature: Here are a few pics of my Livello filly at her inspection this year. https://picasaweb.google.com/1129773...39/2011Livella
    I am sure you will love yours.
    The link wouldn't work for me, though I am dying to see!
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

Try this link for the Livello foal. If it doesn't work please let me know.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1129773...eat=directlink
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post
    Though I am hanging up my spurs for the most part, I will probably try a couple of ETs with Wolkenstanza (Wolkentanz I/ Rohdiamant) - probably one with Fidertanz and the other with either Stedinger, Rousseau or For Compliment. I may also breed Dominique (Don Schufro/ Rohdiamant) if all goes well when she foals her Bellissimo M baby. She has my only foal for next year, as I just sold the ET baby in utero. Last year was so bad, both for foal health and breeding mares back. I will be glad to see the end of the year.
    Wolkenstanza is lovely.. I looked at your website and you have some lovely mares. I really like Stanza's dam too.
    "Sadly, some people's greatest skill, is being an idiot". (facebook profile pic I saw).

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    Bornfree,

Oh yeah she's horrible! I can take her off your hands! Sheesh! Lovely girl!

Terri
    Not if I beat you to her...and I'm closer
    Seriously, she's gorgeous I would love to see her bred for dressage. Certainly will need some small genes though! Donarweiss, Dancier, Florencio, are all on the short side...just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by smokygirl View Post
    Wolkenstanza is lovely.. I looked at your website and you have some lovely mares. I really like Stanza's dam too.
    Thank you so much. My website is horribly out of date at the moment. I need to get all the inspection pics up for this year's foals. Have been recovering a messed up finger and have just not had it in me to do the amount of typing that the job needs. Maybe soon.