The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by omare View Post
    As an alternative to Diamont de Semilly (and a more affordable fee) here is a young stallion by the same sire (the famous le Tot de Semilly) out of a GP mare....... I saw him when he was at SBS - a sweet sane correct looking horse it seemed.

http://doublehfarm.org/viewhorse.php?id=42&cat=1

(Plus you can be assured if he has the talent the owners will have the means to get him to the top.)

But you have such a wonderful mare.....you have all kinds of opportunity and a lot of right choices that you could make!

Thank you for the great suggestion omare, and for the kind words about my mare Tess.
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

always fun to do in winter!

provided all foals well, here is my provisonary

SPS Waleska (Warkant/Argantan) to Benidetto (Belissimo M/Cordoba)
    EM Luck Be a Lady (Londonderry/Warkant) to Benidetto
    MMB Highstyle (Hochadel/Laurice Crusador) to Benidetto
    MMB Wallbuerg (Warkant/Acapluco) to Benidetto.
    may breed a 3 year old Providence/Londonderry also t Benidetto if not sold or is a FEI 4 year old candidate

SPS Ladybug (Londonderry/Wittinger) to Hotline (hofrat/DeNiro) (custom breeding)
    MMB Kaiserin (Kaiserkult/Langatas Express/pik bube) ? currently in foal to Londontime. may wait and see that one (she might be sold though, sniff sniff)
    MMB Warrenty (Warkant/Cavalier) may breed back to Londontime or Desperatos.

lastly ,may breed another coming 3 year old By Benidetto/Warkant/Argantan, but may also do some shows if as spectualuar under saddle as loose
    to TOTILLAS

good luck to all
    Linda Woltz
    www.walnut-farm.com
    standing Benidetto (Belissimo M/SPS COrdoba)

I haven't decided yet if I am going to breed this year but if we do I am thinking of using the For Compliment semen on our young Londonderry/Rosentau mare.

I also really like the newly lisenced Viscount and read on Eurodressage yesterday that Carabas is back at stud. Not sure if frozen will be available for either? Carabas is a horse that just blows me away, I really hope frozen becomes available!

May breed our Rosentau mare back to Wolkentanz II as this years filly was top foal at her Han inspection from a large group.

Plans always change though as breeding season comes apon us lol.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Carabas ist not really back at stud - He is at Celle at the moment so that in the next year breeders can use him via frozen (yeah great plan of the owner, as if the breeders in Germany do frozen).
    But since they freeze him, I guess you can get semen for the US - At least something.

This stallion is suffering so much mismanagement since he left Tannenhof - what a shame ! Including an owner riding him himself at competitions.
    I am not responsible for spelling misstacks - just my PC
    www.hannoveranerzuechter.de
    Filly Londontime - Sandro Hit - Rouletto
    http://youtu.be/1O23BeiKpkY

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by EquineLVR View Post
    I did not realize he was so expensive.. not that he should'nt be..

what about Herald 3 - can you get his frozen anywhere? That would be cool.

I have also really liked Kalaska de Semilly - he has Night and Day xx as the dam sire and is a Diamant son.
    I could be wrong EquineLVR (it has happened before ) - but he is expensive.
    Thank you for the suggestion of Kalaska - I'll go look!
    A FINE ROMANCE - JC Reg Thoroughbred - GOLD Premium CSHA - ISR/OLDNA Approved
    CSHA Brickenden Stallion Award Winner - for Performance offspring.
    Please visit A Fine Romance on FB!

Interesting thread...have been spending way too much time looking at Canadian warmblood stallions of late...isn't the eventing stallion Frenchman in Ontario also a son of Le Tot de Semilly? Although an eventer, he certainly has jumper genes as his dam is by Almé. Now if I could just find the right match for our Zeoliet mare who could be bred either jumper or dressage...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hill Farm View Post
    Plans are on the drawing board already-

Kaiserin (Kaiser de la Cour x Lantaan) is under contract for a custom foal by CQuito.

Julia du Brio (Diamant Rouge II x Kapoc) is the subject of a custom foal contract currently being drafted and awaiting signature- we will make a very exciting announcement regarding her as soon as the ink is dry!

Ana Bella m2s (Condios x Ekstein) will be bred to Eurocommerce Berlin.

Stamroos W (Heartbreaker x Ramiro) will be bred to Carolus II.
    There may be a change in the partner of Stamroos W as we are giving serious consideration to Vegas (Voltaire x Joost) in an effort to use fresh rather than frozen in this her first pregnancy.

The custom foal contract has been signed by a Grand Prix competitor located in Europe who has chosen Julia du Brio ( Diamant Rouge x Kapoc) to produce her next Grand Prix prospect with Quidam de Revel as the sire for a 2013 foal.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Smile 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hill Farm View Post
    There may be a change in the partner of Stamroos W as we are giving serious consideration to Vegas (Voltaire x Joost) in an effort to use fresh rather than frozen in this her first pregnancy.

The custom foal contract has been signed by a Grand Prix competitor located in Europe who has chosen Julia du Brio ( Diamant Rouge x Kapoc) to produce her next Grand Prix prospect with Quidam de Revel as the sire for a 2013 foal.
    That's very exciting! I love Julia and the Quidam cross will certainly be one to watch!

Our breeding plans for this year:

Ava (Voltaire X Topas) to Cassini II for her first foal with us
    La Sophie (Lacros X Pikoer) back to Cabardino for a full sibling to her 2008 baby
    Vienna (Gentleman X Nagano) to Westporte
    Braeburn Farms
    Collingwood, ON

Facebook

I've finally decided! I've stuck to my rules: GP stallion with GP offspring and a stallion whose offspring keep catching my eye before I know who they were by. And he has to be available chilled in the UK.

I'm going to use De Niro. And feeling very excited at the prospect. Here's my mare:
    http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...1f28f1376e.jpg

We have some frozen in the tank of
    Fidertanz, Dauphin, Providence, Don Bosco, Fabriano and Titulus.

We have 4 mares available for breeding next year:

- our St.Pr. mare by De Niro/Gernegross xx
    - our CW mostly-jumper-bred mare who's foals are simply gorgeous and so easy-going and perrr-fectt for the amateur market;
    - our older Weinstein/Graphit/Gotthard/Sender mare that we wish we could have a daughter to keep for the breeding program (good mareline to keep, and that G line) before we retire her as the nanny;
    - and a very fancy and well put together anglo-trakehner mare by Tycoon (Donaumonarch) out of a premium producer Tb mare approved GOV and ATA.

The last 2 mares are MMB with the GOV and will both be presented to the VhW when time will come (we live in Canada).

We have some ideas, but aren't fixed yet. If the Fidertanz 2012 baby out of our De Niro mare is great, we might go again witht this cross.

For the 3 others, we still hesitating.
    We were supposed to breed the Tycoon mare with Don Bosco last summer, but after 3 other mares coming back pregnant in less than a month, we decided it was enough. We'll probably go ahead with DB for her if she's not sold by then (she's on the market).
    The CW mare will probably go to Titulus, as she is a granddaughter to the trakehner jumper Poprad, we could have a rock solid jumper there, "strong enough for the professionnal rider, but designed for the amateur".
    And for my G line mare, I'm still not fixed between Dauphin, and Fabriano (I know, two very different sires). I would like to keep the dual talent the mare has, so Fabriano would be a good pick plus, my dream is to have a Fabriano mare in my broodmare band. Then... I discovered Dauphin... And his get. And now... I think Dauphin would cross great with the mare, who needs some refinement, and type. The mare is older, she does not have 10 foals in front of her... And who knows how many tries it will take to get not only that filly, but that broodmare prospect filly!

I Love to read this thread. Ahhhh. Lucky to all of you who have been able to make their choice already!
    Last edited by Spike; Dec. 22, 2011 at 07:02 PM.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

Hi Spike.
    Some great options! My 2 cents (and worth about that) ... Fidertanz x DeNiro is a known nick - could be pretty exciting.
    Not knowing your mares, I might be more inclined to put your G-line gal with Dauphin, unless she is quite modern, in which case Fabriano would be good. Good semen too, I believe.

Thanks Kathleen! I think you have one of the best breeding program in Canada, so your 2cents indeed worth something for me!
    I believe too that Dauphin would be good for that mare. Funny enough we are expecting a Dauphin foal in 2012 but from a completely different type of mare (custom foal for a petite rider who is tired of big wb's). But Dauphin's owner (Maxine, such a nice and knowledgeable woman) spoke to me about the good results obtained on heavier mares just like mine by using Dauphin. And I like what I see.

So now I guess I have to slowly start to shop for an Hanoverian mare that would fit Fabriano :P

Our De Niro mare is in foal right now to Fidertanz (may 2012!!). The plan is probably to repeat the cross if the baby is up to our expectations.
    Les Écuries d'Automne, Québec, Canada
    Visit EdA's Facebook page!

Default Bought my semen today!

I decided on Hohenstein for my mare EM Dorfblume (Davignon-Matcho-garibaldi). I am super excited! Hope the breeding is a success and results in a keeper filly as my mare is nearing her upper teen years and I will need a replacement! I have always wanted to breed her to Hohenstein but previously his frozen semen was not successful. They have upped the breeding dose from four to eight straws and now have good rates....so here's hoping!!

If she dosen't take frozen my fresh backup will be either Rousseau or Wolkentanz II (she has had colts by both...the Rousseau now coming 3 is getting ready to go under saddle and should be quite nice. The Wolkentanz only a weanling but very correct).

I am so looking forward to next year now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walnut Farm View Post
    always fun to do in winter!

provided all foals well, here is my provisonary

SPS Waleska (Warkant/Argantan) to Benidetto (Belissimo M/Cordoba)
    EM Luck Be a Lady (Londonderry/Warkant) to Benidetto
    MMB Highstyle (Hochadel/Laurice Crusador) to Benidetto
    MMB Wallbuerg (Warkant/Acapluco) to Benidetto.
    may breed a 3 year old Providence/Londonderry also t Benidetto if not sold or is a FEI 4 year old candidate

SPS Ladybug (Londonderry/Wittinger) to Hotline (hofrat/DeNiro) (custom breeding)
    MMB Kaiserin (Kaiserkult/Langatas Express/pik bube) ? currently in foal to Londontime. may wait and see that one (she might be sold though, sniff sniff)
    MMB Warrenty (Warkant/Cavalier) may breed back to Londontime or Desperatos.

lastly ,may breed another coming 3 year old By Benidetto/Warkant/Argantan, but may also do some shows if as spectualuar under saddle as loose
    to TOTILLAS

good luck to all
    I so LOVE the look of Benidetto's offspring. He's one of those stallions that I keep gravitating towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Braeburn View Post
    That's very exciting! I love Julia and the Quidam cross will certainly be one to watch!
    Thank you! We are very excited and have fingers crossed for a successful breeding and pregnancy.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

VERY difficult to plan for 2012 with two maiden mares - have to see what they put on the ground (one hopes!) crossed to the stallion bred to (the same stallion ) to determine what traits THEY carry forward. So my selections will be IN 2012 -
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

I planning on breeding my Lordship mare to Wild Dance.