The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Have you made your 2012 breeding decisions?

I know it is a bit early, but I bet some of you have already decided on your breeding plans for the coming year! I love reading about the planned breedings each year, so if you've decided, please share!
    I'm starting some of my mares under lights in a few days, so you know breeding season is just around the corner...
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

I'm fairly certain I'm going with DeNiro for my Rubinstein mare. She has a 2003 DeNiro daughter who is already going PSG with her ammy owner.

Although if she double ovulates I'll use Hohenstein who is already in the tank. Just waiting on the perfect situation for him.

Although my mare isn't due to foal until June, I plan to breed her to Blue Hors Don Romantic in 2012.

Here is the lovely gal:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yigWTPO9IYM

I've already sent in my breeding contracts for my two coming three year old fillies.
    My Fidertanz/Schampus filly is being bred to Rubignon and my Rosenthal/Stedinger filly to Solos Lantinus. I'm looking forward to my 2013 foals.

Trinity, I love BH Don Romantic. Lovely mare! That should be a great cross. I have a dose in my tank waiting for the right mare for him. Looking forward to seeing your foal.

We have decided on three so far: Ramzes SF (of course), Quaid and Validation. Still have 3 to pick - such fun....
    Judy
    Sylvan Farm~Breeding for Performance
    Ramzes SF, approved GOV and Belgian http://sylvanfarm.com
    Chair, USSHBA Positive ID Working Group; USSHBA Steering Committe member

Tenative plans are:
    SPS Wega X Balou Du Rouet
    Perpetua NHF X Don Alfredo
    Legacy X Balt'Amour
    Romancing Rio X ?? - maybe back to Redwine or maybe someone from my frozen supply. Depends on how things work out for the others as she will be the last one bred.
    Subject to change of course
    Last edited by NorthHillFarm; Jan. 18, 2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: already changing my mind

Default yes and No...LOL

I have booked my black and white filly Simplicity (Sempatico x NoisettexNocturne)
    to Freestyle.
    Foal will be black or Black and white tobiano.
    I am up in the air with my other young mare who is homozygous for tobiano.
    She is also by Sempatico out of a lovely Canadian Pinto mare of mostly TB and Arabian blood with a small dab of racing paint.
    I am pondering at the moment....the homozygous stallion I was considering got hurt at this years 70 day test and couldn't finish. He will go back next year his owner says...but for this year I am still pondering.
    Martha
    Breeder of Quality and Colour
    Tobiano Pinto Sporthorses
    www.jmrpintos.com

My mare is in foal to Banderas, but I have a breeding to Edelweiss de Bonce I am itching to use.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Sort of... One maiden filly will depend on if the stallion I want will be available for me next year (not saying for sure until I know for sure - which will possibly be after she is preg lol). Pennant's Valentine will more than likely go back to my boy (Tate) after she foals out this Tate foal. If the first filly is not bred and if I can bring myself to stop riding her, my filly Emerald Fire (Emma) will possibly be bred - the question is to whom? Either my boy, or I have a dose of Zauberklang in the tank that may have her name on it.... I have a feeling that 2012, will be one of those years that I end up with certain mares bred and they may be to surprise last min decisions LOL.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

My coming three year old Ellamieka (Corland x Darco x Indoctro) is still in Erupoe, she will be bred to either Brugal VDL (Indorado x Guidam), Cardento or Zirocco Blue.

Here in Canada, I am leaning towards Zapatero VDL for my mare Cornetta (Cornet Obolensky x Pilot)... she isn't due until the beginning of June, so I still have plenty of time to change my mind.
    Last edited by mikali; Mar. 5, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
    Alison/Mikali Farms
    www.mikalifarms.com

I LOVE to get mine booked early so in the spring I just have to worry about paying my vet for the most part! All 3 of my girls are under contract!

Ever After by Escapade x Banderas
    Acadia CWF by Acord III x Farscape DSF
    Eden Point by Rock Point x Escapade

I already can't wait to meet these babies!

Plans are on the drawing board already-

Kaiserin (Kaiser de la Cour x Lantaan) is under contract for a custom foal by CQuito.

Julia du Brio (Diamant Rouge II x Kapoc) is the subject of a custom foal contract currently being drafted and awaiting signature- we will make a very exciting announcement regarding her as soon as the ink is dry!

Ana Bella m2s (Condios x Ekstein) will be bred to Eurocommerce Berlin.

Stamroos W (Heartbreaker x Ramiro) will be bred to Carolus II.

Oh my, that is three grays out of four! Luckily Julia's intended is NOT gray- there's a clue!

We have put a ceiling of four on the number of foals in 2013. Monica is agitating for wiggle room on the number as two have already been sold. However, sold or not, the amount of work and care is the same so I am holding firm...so far! [edit]

Remaining in training are Ahsianita with John Brown , Ultra-niki and Ahme with Monica and Bijin in Europe. Sakura Hill Czola may remain open although we fully expect someone to snap her up as a custom foal dam...her foals are all highly sought after and, when not sold in utero as is the case with her 2012 foal, are snapped up by 2 months of age.
    Last edited by Sakura Hill Farm; Dec. 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hill Farm View Post
    Plans are on the drawing board already-

Kaiserin (Kaiser de la Cour x Lantaan) is under contract for a custom foal by CQuito.

Julia du Brio (Daimant Rouge II x Lapoc) is the subject of a custom foal contract currently being drafted and awaiting signature- we will make a very exciting announcement regarding her as soon as the ink is dry!

Ana Bella m2s (Condios x Ekstein) will be bred to Eurocommerce Berlin.

Stamroos W (Heartbreaker x Ramiro) will be bred to Carolus II.

Oh my, that is three grays out of four! Luckily Julia's intended is NOT gray- there's a clue!

We have put a ceiling of four on the number of foals in 2013. Monica is agitating for wiggle room on the number as two have already been sold. However, sold or not, the amount of work and care is the same so I am holding firm...so far! [edit]

Remaining in training are Ahsianita with John Brown , Ultra-niki and Ahme with Monica and Bijin in Europe. Sakura Hill Czola may remain open although we fully expect someone to snap her up as a custom foal dam...her foals are all highly sought after and, when not sold in utero as is the case with her 2012 foal, are snapped up by 2 months of age.
    Do you think you could be any more blatant in your shameless self promotion? Gag me!
    Last edited by Moderator 3; Nov. 28, 2011 at 08:31 AM.

Just stating the facts, ma'am. We do not intend to offend.
    Sakura Hill Farm
    Now on Facebook

Young and developing horses for A-circuit jumper and hunter rings.

Let's see. We keep thinking it is finalized, but then we keep seeing other stallions we like or changing our minds..... Discussing stallions is just such fun which, I think, confirms our status as geeks....hmmmm

So:
    Chairman x Comet Swinger again
    Primmore's Pioneer x Mascara again
    Rythm and Blues x Chequer Account
    Clare De Lune SE x In Reality
    Loerke x Tickle Me Too
    Royal Alyance x Irish Lace
    Royal Alyance x Wheres My Nurse
    Wing Man x Fashion Plate
    Wing Man x Midnight Blue
    Wing Man x Luna

I LOVE Wing Man's breeding, and he is a lovely mover and a joy to ride, but we are still not sure he can get anyone pregnant..... Last try this spring after he has been off the track a couple years.... So, if he does not work out and gets gelded, possibly the WB mares to A Fine Romance or Aaron's Gold or or or......

Undecided:
    Mabelino, maybe to Aly
    Pazia ZRF (strongly considering Machno Carwyn, you have to watch him jump, it just makes you smile)
    Hushabye Lady
    My Martina - has been losing foals at around 4 months so only if we can afford to do embryo transfer.....

We would also love to get Ladykiller through a female line into our breeding program so that's a consideration also. Ahhh, I LOVE this part!!! Any recommendations, of course, welcome. We are breeding for CCI**** eventers.

And, GOD KNOWS, how did we acquire that many broodmares...... INSANITY!!

Here's to safe 2012 breedings and healthy 2013 foals!!

Machno Carwyn is AWESOME! You've got to use him. :nod:

Welsh bloodlines are so overlooked, especially here in the UK. (I am one of the guilty parties too having never used a drop of Welsh blood) Yet the Section As are widely used in German Riding Ponies because of their exceptional movement and Machno Carwyn is one of the best showjumping ponies there has ever been. If I had a good TB mare I'd use Carwyn and also Miley who is a coloured of uncertain breeding but he's sired GP dressage horses and several 3*** eventers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlotych View Post
    Do you think you could be any more blatant in your shameless self promotion? Gag me!
    ROFLMAO. I had the exact same thought.

Aside from that, the rest of you have some nice sounding foals in the planning stages.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." George Burns

I am intending to breed my Flemmingh x Rubenstien mare to Alexandro P this year.
    Kanoe Godby
    www.dyrkgodby.com
    See, I was raised by wolves and am really behind the 8-ball on diplomatic issue resolution.

Machno Carwyn is AWESOME! You've got to use him.
    Thanks so much! So nice to get feedback about a potential stallion from someone in the know!

We bought our Haflinger mare, Pazia, fat and unridden out of a pasture as an 8 year old. She turned out to be a fabulous jumper (3'9" with ease and she stands 13.2 hands) who impressed Kim Severson and Jim Wofford in clinics SO she is the only pony we breed basically because we LOVE her. Thus, we are completely biased and have no ability to make sane decisions based on data when it comes to breeding her......Because she is a Haflinger, we are not looking obviously to line breed, etc., etc. , we are just having fun. Thanks for your input. Will check out Miley also!!