The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Default Finger Lakes Prospect

Her name is Broadway'sstardust. She didn't even get to the track until last year at age 4, and per my virtual stable has had only about six races. Her last race was this last week.

I've been tracking this little (15.1) girl for a couple of years. She has a very, very nice pedigree for eventing, but she's slightly parrot mouthed I've been told. Parrot mouth is something that you wouldn't want to breed, so, even with her pedigree, she isn't really a broodmare prospect. She's not a flashy mover, nor is she flashy herself, but I'd bet she'd make a very, very useful LL horse. I do like her basic conformation.

I'd take her in a heartbeat if I had the financial wherewithal to buy, ship and keep another horse; but things have gotten to the point where I just can't. and she's only $500 (possibly less).

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.proboard...lay&thread=320

Pedigree:
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/broadwaysstardust
    She's a Washington bred, and most of the close horses in her pedigree are West Coast regional.
    Last edited by vineyridge; Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

What a puppydog eye she has! She's truly wanting her own person.

We bought our youngest daughter a little OTTB mare for Christmas when she (the kid) was 10. They really bonded and that little mare only had eyes for her. http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...rrent=scan.jpg

Stardust here needs a kid too.
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

-- Tommy Smothers

Great trainer to deal with for long-distance buyers--I wouldn't hesitate to buy sight unseen from him again!

She is a cute thing, and uphill too, which I think is pretty rare to find in the right off the track horses w/o conditioning and dressage training. That is promising!
    And this is the story of your red right ankle.

I think she's adorable. As long as the Parrot mouth isn't going to be an issue for you, then if you can, why not. I'm sure there are others that will be shipping and you can find something to work with.
    Good luck!
    ps-I do like her build and so what if she's small! I like them small
    "If you've got a horse, you've got a problem"

All my favorite TB's in her pedigree : Full Pocket, Broadway Forli, Raise a Native, Grey Dawn.
    Too bad I bought an OTTB last month and unfortunately no more room at the inn.
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from behind, or a fool from any direction

I met her last year. She's an absolute darling, sweetheart!

viney - props to you for giving a heads up to something that may not be as flashy or pretty as some of the others that get posted. These horses may not be the fanciest looking but they still deserve the same rights to a new home as the tall dark and handsomes.
    "Lord if we should fall, my horse and I, please pick my horse up first."

www.thestartbox.wordpress.com
    www.useaiv.org

No one knows TB pedigrees better than you, so if you say she may be something special I will take your word for it! I live close to FL and will post her on my FB page. Maybe one of my local friends would be interested in her.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashGordon View Post
    No one knows TB pedigrees better than you, so if you say she may be something special I will take your word for it! I live close to FL and will post her on my FB page. Maybe one of my local friends would be interested in her.
    Thank you so much. I really want this girl to have a soft landing. If her temperament and trainability are as good as Maunder and the trainer say, then combined with the sterling pedigree and her uphill conformation and big engine, she really should be a useful horse for someone.

The reason I fell in love with her paper is that she is tail female to Lady Juror/Lady Josephine, and her sire's tail female is to Salaminia/Alcibiades, and he is Olden Times sire line. She's got all the right lines for sport:
    Damascus, Forli, Full Pocket, Heliopolis, Tudor Minstrel, RAN, Ack Ack, a full brother to Swaps (Khaled x Iron Reward x Beau Pere), Grey Dawn, Precipitation, Abernant--the list goes on and on. In the main, her mares are from lines that have worked for sport, every one of them. It's just lovely for many generations--one of the best I've seen.

No problem. If I had the funds to support two, I'd take her myself in a heartbeat. I just bought a Morgan this summer but will admit I am still a serious sucker for a nice, good-hearted TB. Hopefully someone will snatch her up.
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

Bumping this with a little heartache; this pretty girl checks all my boxes. Maybe in a few years when I can actually afford it, I'll find another like her.

Someone take her home (and then take lots of pics)!
    The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears. ~ Arabian Proverb

I don't know a ton about conformation, but was wondering what everyone thought about this mare. Cannot get another, but always up to learn about confo!

http://fingerlakesfinesttbs.proboard...lay&thread=340

Other than her longish pasterns, she reminds me a bit of my chestnut TB mare. I watched her video and she is not a bad mover. I think she could be quite nice as a sport horse.

If anyone decides to get her, please let me know. I've got a long distance crush on her.