The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Wink My Little Ponies

So I've been drawing/colouring Ponies for some friends of their heese. So I did a quick google search just to have some sorta reference.

Man those things are weird. What's with the eyeliner? Why do they have only 5 eyelashes? And the freaky big eyes? And what in Fred's name is with their heads??
    “We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

It's the new one... yeah it's seriously gross.

I've been trying to find an original for my new little niece, but they're all collectors items now *sigh*.
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

OMG Google "my little pony makeover"!! Hi-larious!
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

I'm pretty sure the new My Little Ponies were designed by people who had seen the old ones, but never seen a real equine in their life. They're horrendous!

Nes, how "original" are you looking? I'm sure I can help if you want to PM me. I know OT day will be ending soon so drop me a message. I've several from across the years and many aren't highly collectable and easy to part with. Plus, I'm in ON

As for the newest My Little Ponys, shivers.

I'm looking for a brand-new one, which has been the problem, and fairly inexpensive (has to go across the border).

Little niece isn't a year yet, but auntie is trying to influence her future career choices... .
    "For some people it's not enough to just be a horse's bum, you have to be sea biscuit's bum" -anon.
    Nes' Farm Blog ~ DesigNes.ca
    Need You Now Equine

The new MLPs look like some sort of Japanese anime nightmare. In my humble opinion.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Maybe it's an alternative rock Bambi Pony Alien hybrid?

unfortunately new MLP look like wannabe Bratz dolls, makes me nostalgic for when plastic toys were cuter. Littlest pet shop toys are weird looking now as well.
    for more Joy then you can handle
    http://dangerbunny.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nes View Post
    I'm looking for a brand-new one, which has been the problem, and fairly inexpensive (has to go across the border).

Little niece isn't a year yet, but auntie is trying to influence her future career choices... .
    I'll get you hooked up

I did it to my niece from birth too, and she's got two real horses of her own now at 12. It works!

The new ones have like... beaks... instead of muzzles. Freaky looking things.

Luckily I kept all my old ones, which my two daughters play with daily.
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

Those things are only faintly evocative of the real thing. What is UP with the heads?

(Personally, I have always hated anime and everything it spawned. The characters are just creepy, what with those eye sockets the size of manhole covers and such).
    Last edited by Mara; Nov. 27, 2011 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Those things are only faintly evocative of the real thing. What is UP with the heads?

(Personally, I have always hated anime and everything it spawned. The characters are just creepy, what with those eye sockets the size of manole covers and such).
    Ditto.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

I third that Mara. Anime makes everything look bizarre. I wonder if they are trying to cater to an older fan base. I bet the Bronies have something to say about our opinions ! I ran into one at Wally World and I will say they are die hard fans!! I popped over to their BB for entertainment purposes last week and it's crazy over there. If you think COTH is bad you haven't seen anything. Grown men can be vicious over their MLPs!! Whatever you do, do not mention how freakish and unrealistic they look. You will get an earful. Sorry that kinda went off topic but I had to share.

why don't you get her a nice Breyer horse instead?