The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wow. Surprised to see this from a horse person...

A farrier in/from California apparently supports the Sovereign movement (Sovereign Citizen movement), was stopped by police, refused to cooperate, dragged her dog loose into a fight with officers and later stole the dog from quarantine. Did not expect to read "farrier" in this article!!

http://www.officer.com/news/10454113...-calif-officer

Probably opening a can of worms, but still! If you aren't familiar with this movement, give it a Google. I can tell you that dealing with them in my line of work is a little "different."
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

<facepalm>

Downside of legal weed...

(but seriously....as much crazy as the horseworld produces, this surprises you?!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.

And farriers are, independent types, shall we say? I've used the same farrier for 20 years. He does a great job, but his politics are to the right of Attila the Hun.

We're supposed to be surprised that a horse person can be crazy?

In honor of the holidays, that woman is nuttier than a fruitcake.
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Oh, good grief...as an OTR trucker, the easiest way to get out of a minor ticket is to do "girly", of which I am not above. Don't confront any officer, just flirt, and usually, that's the end of it. Just last week, I got pulled over for something that could have been bad but after some "save me's", he was the sweetest and only gave me a minor talking to and went back to his unit, then drove off.

This dipstic in the article needs the book thrown at her. How stoopid.

Yeah, I'm imbibing at this time...it's okay, I'm at home and not getting behind the wheel any time soon. Just so everyone is on the same page here.
    Last edited by goneriding24; Nov. 25, 2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: felt like it.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Ugh, they are were nice but I got a ticket both times.
    Every mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground.

Proud Closet Canterer! Member Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

I know, horse people are crazy, but generally....conservative. The Sovereign movement is pretty out there. My mouth fell open when I read it.
    COTH's official mini-donk enabler

"I am all for reaching out, but in some situations it needs to be done with a rolled up news paper." Alagirl

Well, I'd probably bite someone too if I were being shocked with a collar. Poor dog.

The woman.. wow. There are no words for that.
    "Sadly, some people's greatest skill, is being an idiot". (facebook profile pic I saw).

Even that is taking regular "horse person crazy" to a WHOLEEEE new level.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Quote Originally Posted by TheJenners View Post
    I know, horse people are crazy, but generally....conservative. The Sovereign movement is pretty out there. My mouth fell open when I read it.

LOL you need to get out more!

there are certainly a lot of moonbats and nutballs out there.

I resent like crazy the law telling me that I must wear a seat belt!
    It seems to me that at my age I should be able to make that choice for myself. Besides the seat belt and air bag will probably be what kills me in an accident as I'm so short the seat belt stays around my neck half the time and I have to be so close to the air bag it'll probably crush me.

Having said that I think anyone who starts a fight with an Officer over something like this is a plain out fool.

I got stopped a few months ago and I was so nice and cute (I think. I seemed cute to me) that the nice Officer just warned me verbally.
    Something I learned long ago was to never start a fight you cannot win.
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

I've run into a few of these types over the years. Their profession is often not relevant to their beliefs.

G.

What a idiot.

Good grief! It always amazes me how these fringe groups think "no government and laws and taxes etc will be utopia"!

Man, can you imagine the world if it was like this? Yikes.....it's not somewhere I'd want to live! (grinding poverty because, er there are no taxes to fund any programs or provide welfare etc; gangs of people murdering, stealing, raping, because, well there are NO laws)....yep, idiots all of them!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Here's the secret. When the officer is checking paperwork, say something like, "Are you going to give me a ticket?" As plaintively as you dare. Seriously. Even with a nasty she-bear, it worked. Warnings only, so far. Come off as a working class stiff, which I am, and if they have a heart, a minor not-quite-yelling is about all you get. Of course, the one overWeight ticket I got, that didn't work. Obviously, my rig was OW on the rear trailer (spread) axle. The load leveler had failed.

At any rate, don't argure, do the best you can.

Quite a few horse people are crazy. Maybe they can't function in normal society and they can go off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by pj View Post
    I resent like crazy the law telling me that I must wear a seat belt!
    It seems to me that at my age I should be able to make that choice for myself. Besides the seat belt and air bag will probably be what kills me in an accident as I'm so short the seat belt stays around my neck half the time and I have to be so close to the air bag it'll probably crush me.

Having said that I think anyone who starts a fight with an Officer over something like this is a plain out fool.

I got stopped a few months ago and I was so nice and cute (I think. I seemed cute to me) that the nice Officer just warned me verbally.
    Something I learned long ago was to never start a fight you cannot win.
    GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Good grief! It always amazes me how these fringe groups think "no government and laws and taxes etc will be utopia"!

Man, can you imagine the world if it was like this? Yikes.....it's not somewhere I'd want to live! (grinding poverty because, er there are no taxes to fund any programs or provide welfare etc; gangs of people murdering, stealing, raping, because, well there are NO laws)....yep, idiots all of them!
    LOL, the fun thing is, if you stuck them on a deserted Island to live their Utopia, eventually they would resort to all those things, because that's how human society works.

I just hope the poor dog doesn't wind up being put down or something due to his owner's stupidity.

A person should chose their fights and select those that they have a chance of winning.

I'm not the sort who backs down when I see a wrong, but, honestly, the cops...

Quote Originally Posted by goneriding24 View Post
    Here's the secret. When the officer is checking paperwork, say something like, "Are you going to give me a ticket?" As plaintively as you dare. Seriously. Even with a nasty she-bear, it worked. Warnings only, so far. Come off as a working class stiff, which I am, and if they have a heart, a minor not-quite-yelling is about all you get. Of course, the one overWeight ticket I got, that didn't work. Obviously, my rig was OW on the rear trailer (spread) axle. The load leveler had failed.

At any rate, don't argure, do the best you can.

Quite a few horse people are crazy. Maybe they can't function in normal society and they can go off the deep end.
    LOLLOL That's one of the things I said.
    "Do I have to have a TICKET?"

He said no. You just forgot didn't you?
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.