The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who makes low-rise, knee-patch, euro seat/seam with sock-sleeve bottom breeches?

And in colors besides beige?

The only one I KNOW of is this one, Equine Couture:
    http://www.smartpakequine.com/equine...x?cm_vc=Search

Is there anything else? Does Ariat have one w/ the Euro Seat/Seam? (I know they have the sock/sleeve leg bottoms)

I'd love a navy pair, but am leery of the EC ones above due to material and fit. Anyone else?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equine & Pet Portrait Artist
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

Ariat has several different styles, and I know FITS also has the Beka breech which matches your specifications. Also, I believe Ovation does too

EDIT: Nevermind, found the Ariats that fit my bill:
    http://www.smartpakequine.com/ariat-...x?cm_vc=Search

But hoping to not spend $200 on schooling breeches. Still on the hunt. May have to cave and get the ECs, at only about $70
    ==========================================

Thanks! I figured one of the Ariats would, but just didn't know which style (there are so many of them)

Oops, I also knew about the FITS Beka, but am staying away from FITS.

Would be happy w/ Ariat or even Ovation. Guess I'll start searching to see which ones have the Euro Seat.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

kingsland =]

I was just about to write about the Ariat Olympias! I recently bought a pair with the side zip and love them! It was hard to stomach the $200 for schooling breeches, but they were the only pair that matched my specific criteria (there were a few others, but they cost even more!)

Others that might work for you-

Ovation breeches

Another pair of Ovation breeches

I am not sure what type of closure is at the bottom of the Romfh breeches, but otherwise, these might work for you.

Check Ebay.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Animo. But they're pretty pricey for schooling breeches...
    I'd rather be riding!

Check out www.thecollectiononlinestore.com. They have this style for about eighty bucks iirc.

Thanks guys! You are the best I've got my eye on the Ovations, and I love the Romfh, but I don't think they are sock/sleeve bottom.

I'll go check out the collection store.......

(and yes, Animo is amazing, but too $$$ for schooling "extra" breeches. I think I'd go the Ariat route if I want to go a touch higher)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

For schooling I ride in the TuffRider low-rise ribbed euroseats (I guess we have the same taste haha) And I LOVE them. They were only $50-$60 and for schooling, they are great. I also wore them in a show and got many compliments. People were surprised when I said they were TuffRiders. Here is a picture of me wearing them at a show:
    (sorry non-facebook users)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=3&theater
    www.youtube.com/oxletsgocanterxo

LGC - I have those exact same breeches and they are my favorite, but mine have velcro tab bottoms, and I really want the sock sleeve type bottoms.

If TuffRider just made those exact ones with the bottoms I like (and they DO have that bottom on other types of their breeches), I'd get it in a heartbeat.

Someone mentioned that they've taken their velcro closures and converted them with elastic, so they are more like the sock sleeve type. I'm tempted to just do that since there are so many more breeches that have everything else I want (low-rise, wide waist band, euro-seat, extended knee patch) but with velcro closures.

At this point, these Ovations have everything I'm looking for, though I honestly wish I could find something at $80 or less (and I don't want EC) for schooling.
    http://www.123tack.com/ovation-ladie...ch-breech.html

Quote Originally Posted by oxLetsGoCanterxo View Post
    For schooling I ride in the TuffRider low-rise ribbed euroseats (I guess we have the same taste haha) And I LOVE them. They were only $50-$60 and for schooling, they are great. I also wore them in a show and got many compliments. People were surprised when I said they were TuffRiders. Here is a picture of me wearing them at a show:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

Total Hijack, but I always find it interesting that people are reluctant to spend money on schooling breeches.

My schooling breeches are Animo and I adore them. I think it makes way more sense to spend the money on schooling rather than show breeches. I typically school 5-6 days/week year round.
    If I were to do winter circuit (hardly ever) I show 10-12 weeks/year, otherwise I might do 4-8 weeks in summer plus 4 weekend schooling shows in winter. That leaves 38-42 weeks in schooling breeches..... I want to be as comfortable as possible for the majority of time I spend in the saddle.
    Just got me thinking that's all.....
    Hijack over

Baker breeches are low rise (not sure about euro seam), and have a sock sleeve bottom.

Jeffries also makes sock sleeve breeches...very popular at my barn (but a little pricey for me, personally)

Thanks Cadance. Yep, alot of them have either the sock sleeve bottoms, or the Euro Seat, and I've found some that have both, but don't have Low Rise Waist

Heee - I'm picky. I'll probably just have to shell out alot more to get exactly what I want.

If anyone else knows of any others, chime in. Here's the list of requirements again:

- Available in colors other than beige/tan
    - Euro Seat
    - Knee Patch
    - Low Rise (ideally with wider waistband too)
    - Sock/Sleeve type bottoms

I know Ariat, Ovation, Animo and EC have these with all the specs listed above. Anyone else?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

Kingslands are beautiful and match your description to a T!

Also though, the Baker breeches (made by Equine Couture I believe) are a less expensive alternative. I have a pair for home use and they are very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by osgoka01 View Post
    Kingslands are beautiful and match your description to a T!

Also though, the Baker breeches (made by Equine Couture I believe) are a less expensive alternative. I have a pair for home use and they are very comfortable.
    Thanks. The Kingsland breeches are gorgeous, but the ones I saw were velcro-tab bottoms......

I don't like the fit (for me) of anything EC (including Baker) Good for stick-figures, not girls with curves
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post
    Check out www.thecollectiononlinestore.com. They have this style for about eighty bucks iirc.
    The RJ classics are nice at first - I bought them for work breeches and they totally fell apart. The fabric broke down really fast.

I have yet to find any breeches that hold up better than the old Taylored Sportsmans.

For sock legs the Tuff Riders make a pair that the fabric is really nice so far. They sit a bit too low for me so I just don't tuck a shirt in when I ride in those.
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

Quote Originally Posted by oxLetsGoCanterxo View Post

Ya love these.

Not much of a Tuff Rider fan but these are the ones that I really like...

They are reasonably priced for work, good fabric, low rise, sock bottom and do come in euro seat...

http://www.victorycanter.com/Tuff-Ri...h-p-23216.html
    How people treat you is their KARMA.... how you REACT is yours!

Default Is the TR Sierra in Euro Seat? Can't tell by description

Quote Originally Posted by doublesstable View Post
    Not much of a Tuff Rider fan but these are the ones that I really like...

They are reasonably priced for work, good fabric, low rise, sock bottom and do come in euro seat...

http://www.victorycanter.com/Tuff-Ri...h-p-23216.html

EDIT: NEVERMIND, just contacted Victory and indeed they are NOT Euro Seat bummer....
    =================
    DS - OMG, you are a savior if this is true. I always knew about these breeches but it doesn't say it is Euro Seat, so I passed.

Are they??? I've never seen pics of the backside and it doesn't say in the description:

"Super soft and luxurious, these low rise wide waist band breeches with CS2 bottom and 2 side pockets offer a very comfortable and flattering fit. Made with our popular new and improved EcoGreen bamboo fabric.60% Cotton, 32% Bamboo, 8% Lycra."

Have you seen this in person? Do they have the Euro Seat? Crossing Fingers! (and I'm a Tuff Rider fan)
    Last edited by Fancy That; Nov. 25, 2011 at 02:43 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.elainehickman.com
    **Morgans Do It All**