The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default What are you thankful for this year?

My friends for always being there for me no matter what. My family for supporting me in everything I do. My husband for treating me like a princess and putting up with my expensive horse showing habit! My dog, for being my best buddy. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I am thankful that we have power. Last year thanks to a freak storm we were without power for days. That meant no heat in our older house for 4 days with temps under freezing outside. It sucked.

Default That I am alive

I was in a pretty bad car accident on November 2nd in which my 3 week old new car was totaled. I am fighting my way back from it...and am thankful that I have an awesome family and some really amazing friends.
    Shoulders back, hands down, leg ON!

http://mellvinshouse.blogspot.com/

I'm thankful that my job transfer went through! I'll be moving to California by the 1st of the year!

It's a huge move (3000 miles!) and a little terrifying, but I'm thankful to get the opportunity to start a whole new life out there. I'm very excited!

I'm thankful for my kind, loving husband, who treats me like a queen, is planning to buy me a new horse, and brings me breakfast in bed nearly every morning. He has taken over all house-hold functions while I am in nursing school.

I'm thankful for my brilliant daughter, who has grown into an empathetic, highly capable woman who is challenging herself in a Master's program at Yale (and thank you Yale for the full ride + merit scholarship!).

I'm thankful for the friends and family who support me when I need it and lean on me when I can be of help. They also give meaning to my life.

I'm thankful for the good health that so many of us are enjoying, and for the time I have had with those who are nearing the end of their battles.

I'm thankful for my beloved, grumpy 23 year old gelding, Hans. He has been my equestrian partner for the last 10 years, saving me from myself so many times.

And I'm thankful for all the COTH members who add humor, wisdom and support to others on this BB.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for a wonderful family that loves and supports me.

I am thankful for a beautiful son that is the center of my world.

I am thankful for my boyfriend who makes my world complete.

I am thankful to live on a farm where I can have ducks, chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats, horses, donkeys, goats, and a llama.

I am thankful for my soon-to-be step-daughter that loves horses as much as I do.

I am thankful for my new job, with a huge raise, and a position where I love what I do.

I am thankful for the wonderful life I have.
    Member of the "I Ride A Chestnut Thoroughbred Mare, So You Don't Scare Me Clique"

Quote Originally Posted by mellsmom View Post
    I was in a pretty bad car accident on November 2nd in which my 3 week old new car was totaled. I am fighting my way back from it...and am thankful that I have an awesome family and some really amazing friends.
    We're thankful you're still here as well! And I'm grateful there were no injuries among our group whose car got into a surprise argument with a Mack truck this afternoon. They still aren't back yet.
    HAS provides hospital care to 340,000 people in Haiti's Artibonite Valley 24/7/365/earthquake/cholera/whatever.
    www.hashaiti.org blog:http://hashaiti.org/blog