The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thankful for . . .

Happy Thanksgiving COTHers. Today I am thankful for a healthy family, a full belly, and a sound (ish) horse.

Bushels of thanks to all of you for the wisdom, laughter, fodder and support found on this board.

Next . . .
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Buildingthegrove.blogspot
    The Grove at Five Points

I am thankful for a much healthier year, than last year; my DH, who is willing to fund my horse habit; a life in retirement that is comfortable, when so many do not have what we do; that we are able to give back to those who are in need; that Tess recovered from her almost bout with laminitis to have a safe eventing season; my new grandson, Mason; John retiring from the Army, after having served in Afghanistan and twice in Iraq; Emerson, Dawn, Aiden and Mason finally making it on their own; and lastly, making the trip home to Tuscaloosa to give back to a community that lost so much.

I feel blessed to have so much good in my life.
    When in Doubt, let your horse do the Thinking!

I'm thankful to have a tolerant/loving husband, a warm house, a full fridge, a job I actually enjoy, and an all encompassing passion that gets me out of my hum drum life.

I'm thankful for my two little dogs that drive me bonkers but provide unconditional love and a red headed mare that may drive me to drink but makes me smile every time I go see her.

I'm thankful for a trainer that is supportive and tolerant of my occasional bouts of panic and for supportive friends that listen to me babble on about my horse at the slightest provocation.
    http://thoughtfulequestrian.blogspot.com - My Ventures Into Eventing

I too am thankful for a husband who tolerates my riding, a wonderful job, a loving family. I especially thankful for my sons - 6 and 8 who bring me joy every day of my life. They completed me.

I am also so grateful that I am recovering well from my riding accident almost 8 weeks ago where I broke my back in three places and broke my riding helmet in the fall. That I can walk and am here to tell the tale is a miracle and I thank the angels that were looking out for me that day.

Finally I am also thankful for my beautiful bay OTTB and his smart ass personality. He suits me to a T.

I am truly blessed...

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving..
    Hickstead 1996-2011 Godspeed
    " Hickstead is simply the best and He lives forever in our hearts"
    Akasha 1992-2012 - I will always love you sweet girl.

Thankful for my father, who is still alive after 2 major ischemic strokes and 3 grand mal seizures.
    Thankful for my mother, who rides with me every day, has paid the vet bills and been with me through thick and thin.
    Thankful for all of my friends, who try their best to understand why I love these animals so much and support me.
    Thankful for my trainer, who has brought my riding to a new level and brought many fond memories.
    Thankful for my TB, who though we've been through ulcers, cellulitis, hip & pelvis issues, he's taught me a lot, and my Morgan, who started me off.
    And thankful for both my dogs, who make life more bearable.

It's a good Thanksgiving for me. Hope the same is true for everyone.

Thankful for a wonderful community of family and friends, including many COTHers. Thankful for a great young horse, wonderful trainers and the super job and supportive husband that allow me to fully enjoy both.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I'm thankful for a great family, a wonderful and supportive fiance, the best horse I could hope for, awesome friends, and a light at the end of the tunnel which is school.
    Yes, I ride a pony. No, he's not a re-sale project...
    http://fancyponypants.blogspot.com

I'm thankful for a wonderful group of horse-inclined friends, supportive family, a small black dog, and the best horse a girl could have.

I'm deeply grateful for a healthy, happy and successful family. And I'm so thankful that after 33 years away from horses, I found a wonderful facility, terrific and encouraging instructors with patient school horses to reintroduce me to the joy of riding, partnership and camaraderie.
    Last edited by AnneD; Nov. 24, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

The list is endless....
    Echoing Scubed- thanks to my 'Warm' family, as well as my cyber family, and thanks also to those that have become both, and supported me in the past few tornado like years. The support I have from friends is humbling and so very appreciated.

I have so much...and I am indeed thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving All!!

I am thankful for having a sound and happy horse again.

I am thankful for landing on my feet in a fun new job after the proverbial rug was pulled out from under me last month.

I am thankful for good friends who supported me, cried with me, laughed with me, and still love me even though we don't see each other every day now.

I am thankful for a New Year fast approaching! I'm so over 2011!!!