The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: Does Obama deserve re-election?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

162 46.42%
  • No

187 53.58%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Default Poll; Does Obama deserve re-election?

Election is about a year away, very unscientific but could be interesting.

I don't think it matters who gets elected right now with the "political climate" we (the US) have right now.

I am wondering if we have the legal right to impeach the Power Elite that seems to be running things for their own best interest.
    Last edited by BaroquePony; Nov. 24, 2011 at 11:01 AM.

not in this melinimum
    Friend of bar .ka

Yes, have you seen the candidates the Republicans are offering?

It's easy to blame a president for long standing economic problems instead of looking at the actual causes of those problems.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I'll take Obama over A-N-Y potential candidate the Republican party is fielding at this time. Now that Herman Cain has started playing the religious card, I know none of them can really be taken seriously.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

NO I havent but I dont have tv. I get my news from the internet such as yahoo etc.

BUT what really has he done? Oh yeah the health care reform bill which cost this or will cost this country a titch over a trillion$$$ isnt it funny on how that ''super commette'' was ordered to find just a bit over that amount to cut? And it really ( the health care bill) isnt really going to make it affordable unless you think over 20k a year affordable...

I imagine the Reps.are not offering much up other than repeal heal care reform. I will get more active in the presidential race when it becomes to the point when every tom, dick, and harriette on both side are not trying to get the job.
    Friend of bar .ka

i;m not as thrilled with obama as i thought i would be at this point...however...i'm terrified (yet again) of the repub candidates. we really need a strong candidate who is moderate/independent-no extreme views either way on economy and personal freedom issues.
    My mare wonders about all this fuss about birth control when she's only seen a handful of testicles in her entire life. Living with an intact male of my species, I feel differently! WAYSIDE

Nope. We've replaced one disastrous President with another. Sorry, after three years, the buck stops with him. He really needs to quit blaming everything under the sun for his failures.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Yes, have you seen the candidates the Republicans are offering?

It's easy to blame a president for long standing economic problems instead of looking at the actual causes of those problems.
    Nevermind that the root of these economic issues we now face took place under Bush. Yeah, deregulation does WONDERS...
    And this is the story of your red right ankle.

I did not vote for Obama last time, and he will not get my vote next year. I am not happy with any of the choices. But, to be fair to him, a lot of the problems also come from the congress and senators. I think the whole system needs to be fixed, beginning with the benifit/retirement package.

Not happy with the repub choices but I sure as heck will vote for one of them over Obama. What has he done really?? Put us further into debt? Yep. Made us a mockery overseas? Yep. Divided this country as far as race more then any other Pres. that I can remember? Yep. The list is kind of endless really. I feel he is a colossal embarassment to this country and a giant mistake on the part of voters. I would vote for even Hillary at this point!

I saw this on CBS yesterday and it really points out one of the serious problems in DC:

Moderate Senators Disappear:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?...ag=mncol;lst;1

Essentially in 1982 the majority of senators were moderate and were willing to talk and compromise. Today there aer NO senators labeled as moderate. With only two parties in this country it means nothing gets done unless somehow both parties agree.

Christa

This will be the election to vote for the make-up of SCOTUS. Do you like the way the decisions have been going...do you really want more conservative judges. Do you care about abortion choice, money in politics, corporate personhood. If you do, you really don't have a choice, IMO.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

edit: well said, LauraKY.

I'm voting for Obama. I agree with Lex that the current crop of Republican candidates are terrible. Not to mention that while I try not to be a single-issue voter, social issues like reproductive rights and gay rights are really important to me and I am really nervous about how much the Republican candidates all seem to let their religious beliefs inform their policies on those matters.

I think Obama does get blamed for a lot of things that aren't his fault, and I think he has actually accomplished a lot considering he's blocked at every turn by Congress it seems like. I'm pretty disillusioned about our political system but I actually do think he's a pretty good president by the standards we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjackson View Post
    Not happy with the repub choices but I sure as heck will vote for one of them over Obama. What has he done really?? Put us further into debt? Yep. Made us a mockery overseas? Yep. Divided this country as far as race more then any other Pres. that I can remember? Yep. The list is kind of endless really. I feel he is a colossal embarassment to this country and a giant mistake on the part of voters. I would vote for even Hillary at this point!
    He had to work with what he inherited from GWB. Just a reminder that Dubya was NOT including the wars in Iraq and Afganistan in the debt calculations. Obama is - that is a large part of the debt increase.

BTW, there is no way I could vote for a republican given the current views of that party and the fact that in my life of voting, going back to Reagan, I have yet to see one that actually did something to improve the country in the long run. They have been to busy pushing thier religous conservative agenda and protecting the richest people at the expense of everybody else.

Christa

OMG Christa. You really need to stop with the blame Bush mantra. It is beyond old. Now, please list Obama's accomplishments and please don't include Obamacare. Most of us that are in the health care field already know what a debacle that will be.

As far as the SCOTUS goes I really dont care liberal or conservative AS long as they uphold law/ Constitution and NOT MAKE LAW as they are supposed to do. As per Judiciary Act of September 24, 1789 . From judgepedia ( never heard of it until today so no clue on how it swings) scroll down to compromise.
    http://judgepedia.org/index.php/Judiciary_Act_of_1789

If they stick to their job then abortion rights will not change, the Gay rights I think should be up to we the people in one national referendum and if it passes ( which I would hope it would) then it becomes law.

Money in politcs imo if a person wishes to run for any office even dog catcher they should do so on their own dime not donations. they go as far as their $$ allows not some union, company,rich person. and I do believe the IRS is more than capabable of finding those who seem to be using more than they make.

but then again I also believe that those in congress should not get paid any more than the enlisted ranks of the military unless on special commetts then they get bumped upto officer ranks with all the expense that comes with it. And they get retirement based just like the military and do not get the chance of voting themselves a raise.

Should obama get blamed for everything? NO there is plenty wrong NOw that was getting there long before he had a thouight to do much more than be a community orgnizer, OR Bush for that matter when he was still an owner of a ball club. Some go back to what mid seventies that was changed, modified, ''fixed'' remodified to fix the fix etc that filnally went wrong. So no I personally or politically blame him for everything that is wrong today but some yeah he has to man up to those.
    Last edited by bumknees; Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typos and run on paragraph
    Friend of bar .ka

In order to institute change you'd have to reform the whole system, because it just DOESN'T WORK.
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    In order to institute change you'd have to reform the whole system, because it just DOESN'T WORK.
    Agreed. Just a reminder, Obama had supermajorities in the House and Senate for two years, during which he essentially had free rein to enact whatever economic policies he wished. He not only had the "first 100 days", he had the entire 33rd Congress. Completely and utterly free of political interference. The people responded to that agenda in the 2010 off-year elections. The question is, how will they respond in the 2012 elections?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjackson View Post
    OMG Christa. You really need to stop with the blame Bush mantra. It is beyond old. Now, please list Obama's accomplishments and please don't include Obamacare. Most of us that are in the health care field already know what a debacle that will be.
    Just pointing out about the debt. Obama is not perfect, but he is FAR better than any canidates the Repulican party is offering.

I think we need a third, moderate party that would truly represent the majority of americans instead of primarily representing the extremes. Note my earlier post about the disappearance of moderate senators. I believe this is because a moderate can not get on the ballot because the party leaders won't back them. If they are running on another line, they don't get the $$ and the media attention so they don't get the votes to get elected. This has caused the gridlock and poorly written laws since neither side is willing to DISCUSS and COMPROMISE in a way that truly makes a difference.

Christa