The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone have a Rody kids bounce horse?

DD fell in love with one at a toy shop and I'm thinking we might need one under the tree. She had such a blast bouncing around on it. Just curious if they are quickly forgotten, how sturdy they are and if they will lead to too much bouncing on pony rides or if kids get that a real pony is different.

I may want.

We have one and it has been much loved and used for the last two years. I highly recommend it for any horse crazy toddler, and frankly, if it were bigger or if I was smaller id love to bounce on it myself too.

We got it for my oldest daughter for her first birthday. She didn't show a whole lot of interest for the first two months or so which might have had something to do with the fact that she was physically too small to get on and off by herself at the time. Ever since then she's been using it every day.

When she was 18 months old we also bought her a real pony whom she loves dearly but it did not diminish her interest in the Rody horse one bit. Rody is her "inside pony" and Cuppy is "outside pony". She is now a little over three and still "rides" Rody a least once a day. She is a quiet, reserved child so she rarely bounces around wildly but she does bounce. She also "reads" to it, puts a dog leash around its neck and "walks" it (drags behind her all through the house) and quite often eats her lunch snack while sitting on it.

Her 18 month old sister is a bit more on the wild side and not really as horse crazy as the older one. The little only rides now and then and usually bounces around so much she ends up falling off in some spectacular fashion. Then she swears off it for a week or so but inevitably always gets back. I honestly can't remember the older one ever having fallen off and for all the bouncing that has been going around in this house, there have been no notable injuries. definitely one of my more successful toy purchases!

I've bought those for friends' children, and they're a big hit. I've also borrowed them back occasionally from the kids. It's totally just as much fun as it looks.
    Last time I bought one I noticed they came in better colors online than I've seen in stores.

Quote Originally Posted by CBoylen View Post
    I've bought those for friends' children, and they're a big hit. I've also borrowed them back occasionally from the kids.
    No need to borrow back - they come in adult sizes!

http://www.rodytoy.com/Rody-Max-Orange.htm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Coth's Resident Deatheater~

The Rody horse is AWESOME! I scored one at goodwill for $5 and my daycare children ride the heck out of it every day...it is the cause of many fights, lol. I can ride the Rody, although very awkwardly- but it defintily holds up to high use and abuse!

Oh man, if I'd had a purple bouncy horse when I was a kid, my parents would have had a hard time prying me off it!

Okay...I SERIOUSLY want.

Ok. Just one question. The New LARGE Rody says 5+ Well I am + so can I play on it?! Want! But that is coming from the adult who has her own Butterscotch Fur Real pony in the living room.

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback! We have a Rody on the way. Can't wait to see her eyes when she sees it. Btw she is a wild one and came off the one in the store a bunch laughing up a storm every time.