The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tabula rashah View Post
    You mean there are buns other than Martin's that people put hotdogs and hamburgers on???? LOL
    Exactly.

I can't believe in all this time that I've not tried a grilled cheese on it though! It's officially on my to-do list.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

Quote Originally Posted by ellebeaux View Post
    So there's a Martin's about a half mile from my house. Never tried the potato bread but guess I will now...
    It isn't bread made by Martin's the grocery store. It is a PA company called Martin's that makes the best potato bread and buns in the world. And they have lovely sky blue delivery trucks!
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Losgelassenheit View Post
    Exactly.

I can't believe in all this time that I've not tried a grilled cheese on it though! It's officially on my to-do list.
    You have to do it! Today!! Try the way I do it, explained in an earlier post. The mayo gives a nice crisp to the bread.

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    It isn't bread made by Martin's the grocery store. It is a PA company called Martin's that makes the best potato bread and buns in the world. And they have lovely sky blue delivery trucks!
    OH! Well, I'll remember this next time I'm in PA!

Bummer. Guess I'll have to stick with leftovers and pumpkin pie for lunch today...

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    You have to do it! Today!! Try the way I do it, explained in an earlier post. The mayo gives a nice crisp to the bread.
    I shall! Will definitely try it your way, too. It sounds delish! (mayo is my weakness)

I can't wait for the looks on everyone's faces when I break the tradition of next-day Thanksgiving leftovers with "Nah. I'm makin' a grilled cheese. I read it on COTH."

Ellebeaux, you can find it in most grocery stores in VA. Safeway definitely!

Another ditto to the "mayo on the outside" part. We learned this trick back in the 70's when Hellmann's Mayonnaise had a commercial of a nice typical american family on a cold night making tomato soup & grilled cheese. The mom did the mayo trick, so the next time my mom maid GC & TS, she did it too. It's great!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

please make sure you cook your sammies low and slow. There is nothing worse than uncooked American cheese. And I don't want to hear of any charred tragedies involving MPB.