The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default B Day on Thanksgiving

I hate it when my B Day falls on Thanksgiving. I cook from 7:00 am till 1:00 pm and then take my food to our friends and celebrate Thanksgiving. Where people sometimes remember that it is my birthday (it happens every 6-7 years) but it is a sort of a "happy birthday" gee what are doing for your birthday ? I say "This" and well, pretty uneventfull.

My son and husband leave Friday morning for a hockey weekend 200 miles away. I'm already over it.

So for all of us who have birthdays on holidays, toast to us..

Mine falls on Thanksgiving every now and then-- thankfully not this year. I know exactly what you mean.

Happy Birthday to you both! I will be thinking of you guys tomorrow...in my Corona-induced haze, whilst I cook for some family members that I will also fantasize about maiming....

Happy Birthday! My brother's birthday is today, my great friend's birthday is tomorrow. I send e cards for both occasions to both of them!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/...2011%20Photos/

I just scraped by that one because my birthday is on the 29th so it never lands on the actual day, however I have gotten turkey themed gifts before. They weren't my favorite. I also got groans as everyone was still full and didn't want birthday cake. I know your pain sort of.

Happy Birthday!!!

I have a friend from high school.. who's b'day is the 25th of December, and her brother's is 2 years later, on the 24th.

She hates it and celebrates her half birthdays now. Well actually now she celebrates her 29th b'day.. and we are up to the 3rd one....

It is hard. My birthday falls on Easter frequently (or Palm Sunday or Ash Wednesday..). It's a pain in the neck. Especially since my family traditionally has lamb on Easter, and I hate lamb. And I don't enjoy having my b'day during lent either.

My brother's b'day was Saint Patrick's Day. he found that really cool. (we are Irish mostly).
    "Sadly, some people's greatest skill, is being an idiot". (facebook profile pic I saw).

Yes, that is funny having a B-day during lent ! My inlaws are very Catholic and that would be hard around them.

Well, I'm off to pieland !Coffee in hand for the "majical day"....Yuk.

I'm sorry that no one acknowledges your birthday on thanksgiving

My cousins birthdays are the 25th and the 26th, my grandpas was the 27th so we would join their birthday with the festivities. I always thought I wouldn't enjoy a joint birthday but that I would really like all of my family being around for my birthday (we have the whole family come for thanksgiving instead of christmas).
    It wouldn't be fun to cook all day either

Happy Birthday

My birthday is Dec 1st...no one ever remembers it...it is when everyone is only thinking Christmas and people forget that November only has 30 days. I have stopped expecting anyone to say anything because it just leads to disappointment. I stopped celebrating a few years ago because no one seems interested because they are too busy, or have to go to holiday parties, etc...well either that or I guess I am just not important enough?
    I WAS a proud member of the *I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday* clique..but now I am 30!!!!!!!!!!!
    My new blog about my Finger Lakes Finest:
    She Ain't No Small Potato!

My birthday is Jan 1. No one ever wants to go out and do anything fun on it - they're all partied out from the night before. On the up side, I've never had to attend school or work on my birthday

Dh's is the 27th youngest is 12 days prior to xmas oldest ds is 8days after xmas or jan3.. And Im way out there with in the first week of May.. yeah dh promised some 27yrs ago that we would go to the derby when it fell on my bday...
    Friend of bar .ka

How about THIS.

Mine is TODAY, AND AND (wait for it) I am 50!

I have two cousins, brother and sister btw and their birthdays are on the 24th of nov. They are a few years apart.

How weird is that?

My son's b-day is the 25th, so we have decided to celebrate his the weekend before Thanksgiving, so as not to intrude on other's plans, which sucks. He'll be 3 years old tomorrow, time is flying.

As for birthdays & holidays, I am superstitious beyond belief: my bday is 9/11, my oldest brother was born Christmas day, my grandmother died New Years Day, my first miscarriage was on my mom's b-day, the second on my best friend's b-day, and my father passed away on my father-in-law's birthday.

Birthdays and holidays make me very uneasy.
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Well, I survived, had a great Thanksgiving. Birthday was OK.

Allyandpete, if I lived near you I would let you know that I remembered your birthday, I hate being forgotten. I was so glad that my kids have May & June birthdays.

Toast to us, with forgetable birthdays !

Happy birthday!

My sister's birthday is Dec. 22, so I feel for you.
    Don't tell me about what you can't do. That's boring. Show me what you can do. - Mom

Quote Originally Posted by AllyandPete View Post
    My birthday is Dec 1st...no one ever remembers it...it is when everyone is only thinking Christmas and people forget that November only has 30 days. I have stopped expecting anyone to say anything because it just leads to disappointment. I stopped celebrating a few years ago because no one seems interested because they are too busy, or have to go to holiday parties, etc...well either that or I guess I am just not important enough?
    That happened to me a lot too. I didn't have a b'day party (not for lack of trying) from age 6 til I was 21 (that was a party at the bar I worked at lol). Everyone was busy in April lol. And I couldn't have it at the end of March because both my brother's b'days are at the end of March. But I survived I guess lol.
    "Sadly, some people's greatest skill, is being an idiot". (facebook profile pic I saw).

Hubby's birthday was yesterday. Took him out to eat at his favorite restaurant and then had a little get together with our kids/inlaws/grandkids for peach cobbler and Blue Bell Ice Cream

His birthday falls on Thanksgiving occasionally. My daughters is Dec 2 and her brother's is December 10. Son is getting married on December 3 - the day after her 21st birthday - she is not happy about it!
    Logging Miles with the Biscuit 530.5 Miles for 2011 visit my trail riding blog at www.dashingbigred.blogspot.com

My husband and I have the same birthday and it was thanksgiving this year. Seeing family is nice and we're blessed to have them, but there's something to be said for going out to a nice dinner just the two of us and celebrating.

Happy birthday, OP. I have always believed that those with november birthdays are far superior to the rest

Happy birthday to my fellow Sagittarius friends! My birthday was yesterday and for once it didn't suck!

The best part was today... I found a saddle on Craigslist for super cheap described in "poor condition" and needing some stitching repaired (which I can do myself).

OMG, I am glad I took a chance! Clearly the previous owner and I have completely different ideas of "poor condition". I am now the new owner of a beautiful Laser dressage saddle that just needs some cleaning and a little bit of stitching.