The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default (Dressage) "Message Boards are Like Wal-Mart. Only Stupider."

Even the CotH message board gets a mention in this blog by the "dressagecurmudgeon". So time for the CotH Sherlocks to deduce who the blogger is!

http://dressagecurmudgeon.blogspot.c....html?spref=fb

Excerpt:

Now don't get me wrong. I am not blaming internet message boards for all of my most stupid dressage mistakes. One doesn't blame tequila for the fact that they danced naked in the halls of South residence during frosh week. They just go "woah. I should really do my very best to stay away from tequila" then thank whoever it is they pray to that Facebook and digital photography didn't exist in the early 90's.

But wow, when I headed off down the dressage pathway, the stuff I read there without a doubt lead to the biggest and best "head in the toilet, what the hell was I thinking, did I just barf in my car" versions of dressage hangover stupid moves that occurred along the way. Ultimate Dressage is hands down the worst, but Chron of Horse has it's days, and the local EMG of course gave me the resources needed to meet up with weirdos in person.
    "No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Talking

Oh , Well I do feel sorry for her/him.

There are times when reading some of the posts that I too wonder if the OP's have ever had a lesson, cracked a book, or read any of the great magazines (There I said it!) that are nowadays available. The good info is all out there, however, I will say, that anyone intending to interpret it usually needs someone to help do so.

I have found that many of the responses on this BB are thoughtful, usually quite accurate, and that some are especially so.

However, it is sometimes difficult to sift the gold from the occasional dross. I cannot but agree that good professional help is mandatory for those who really want to progress, as difficult as that may be for those residing in some locales.

So to him/her that occasioned this thread, I applaud their ability to locate and afford great instruction, but would rather it didn't go their head, mouth, or in this case fingers on the keyboard.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Thanks Mike for a new fun blog to read!

The DC is a riot

I cannot but agree that good professional help is mandatory
    Funny, that's what I said to my about to be ex when I told him a divorce was mandatory .

Just took a peek at the blog, and there is nothing that irks me more than a double bridle and they still can't get a square halt. Front to back anyone?

That was just funny!

I guess writing a blog must be above all that. (the mass of morons)
    ... _. ._ .._. .._

Anne Klein? But dahlings, Anne Klein's tacky, secretarial sweaters and slacks show up in Marshalls.

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    Just took a peek at the blog, and there is nothing that irks me more than a double bridle and they still can't get a square halt. Front to back anyone?
    Now this, ladies and gentlemen, is Exhibit 1 of what the blogger is talking about.

SHAME ON THIS PERSON FOR USING A DOUBLE BRIDLE AND NOT BEING PERFECT. Let's all stone her to death!

The blog is hilarious. I love COTH and UDBB as much as the next guy, bu seriously get the stick out of your ass.

Well the person is a Canadian, likely from Ontario, since that is where "EMG" is local to. And no, it's not me.

& Walmart in Cambridge & showing at Caledon ...

or maybe, those are just Red Herrings

I am so happy this thread was started -- that blog is awesome! Totally have done the whole classical European with Lusitanos lesson thing!
    Blogger lady who must be all over this thread about her -- don't ever change!
    Last edited by GimmeQs; Nov. 24, 2011 at 11:41 AM.

Absolutely divine!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Bwahahaha! I love it It could have been written by me, except I write better than that, and I've never shown PSG

I'm not sure if BaroquePony's comment about the double bridle is intentionally ironic or just ironic

I love that blog. Thanks for bringing it to my attention -I now have it bookmarked for further study. Who knows what I'll take away from it, but this,

Maybe this doesn't make sense to anyone but me, and well, that's fine. I am used to it. Long story short - crack open the wallet. Pay for good coaching. Stop reading message boards.

was brilliant.

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Love it! What a good laugh!
    __________________________________________________ _
    Proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals!

Outstanding

Can't wait for more entertaining posts from the "DC"!
    ~~Member of the TB's Rule Clique ~~

I love it!

But I had no idea who was who in dressage. No worries. The internet guided me. Step #1 is apparently to find a "classical instructor".

Classical...as opposed to...what? It is an obvious question. The stock answer is "classical as opposed to competitive, and focused only on endeavors steeped in evil, such as winning Olympic medals"
    "When you think you don't need a coach ...then you're in trouble" Don Imus 2012

I can totaly guess who Cranky Judge is. lol

Hilarious! I definitely think the UDBB is the Walmart of the message boards.