The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default I think I squished my kitty

Tika is not happy this morning. She was fine last night but went to sleep in a very awkward position around my head last night and I think I squished her with my head and now she doesnt feel good.

Woke up this morning and she was grumbling when i moved her, then she darted off then came back and went *gimpy gimpy* "dont feel like it. blaaaaah" so of course I immediately go "OMG MY KITTY! SHE'S HURT, OR WORSE SHE'S GOT FIP AND GONNA DIE!!!!!!!" But upon further inspection she just hurts along the right side of her pelvis. She's not depressed maybe a little lethargic which can be attributed to the pain she has. She definitely has her appitite and perks up immediately, no poofy bellie, signs of swelling along her abdomen or chest area, no sneezing, or eye goopiness (They all had a round of pink eye a couple weeks ago though) no diarehia, vomiting, or weight-loss.

So now my kitty needs to feel better, she is currently wrapped up in a blanket with her food nearby. Going to check up on her again during lunch time.
    Did you know, today is yesterdays tomorrow and what you would leave for tomorrow you should do today?
    I am pro-Slaughter

Default is she a kitten

if you were hurting her wouldn't she have hit you with claws and teeth and vocals?
    Another killer of threads

Quote Originally Posted by Larksmom View Post
    if you were hurting her wouldn't she have hit you with claws and teeth and vocals?
    One would think.

Or maybe I'm just unlucky and have cats who think nothing of digging their claws in if I try to adjust position while they're sleeping on/near me. How dare I.

I don't think you hurt her. Cats will not suffer physical discomfort to be close to the human the way a dog, or even a horse, might. If you were hurting the cat by sleeping on her, she'd have moved. And, if she couldn't move (hard to imagine that, cats are very agile and can squirm out of anything), she'd let you have it with her handy weapons.

She could be slightly ill, or she could be sore from something else, or just having a bad day, but I don't think you hurt her in your sleep! I've slept with cats, dogs and children of various ages my whole life and have not hurt anyone yet...if they get uncomfortable, they move over or find another bed to sleep in. So does the husband .

Maybe in attempt to move out of an awkward position she hopped off the bed and landed awkwardly or slipped jumping up onto something during the night?

Either way, I am sure she would appreciate a heading pad on low wrapped in a few blankets.

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post
    One would think.

Or maybe I'm just unlucky and have cats who think nothing of digging their claws in if I try to adjust position while they're sleeping on/near me. How dare I.
    I own one of those cats also. The second I move, she sticks her (clawed) hind legs out and pricks whatever body part is getting too close.

Yea, after talking and whatnot I realize that was the most unlikely thing to cause her discomfort. We think she either landed wrong during a rough play match or Jasper jumped on her when she was laying down. She's been feeling better lately, not 100% but demanding attention like nothing I've ever seen and been sleeping next to us.
    Did you know, today is yesterdays tomorrow and what you would leave for tomorrow you should do today?
    I am pro-Slaughter

She spent the entire day during her invalidness sleeping on our bed A lot more improvement yesterday, moving around and milking hard for attention. Bed time rolled around and she wound up stealing all my covers then sleeping on me for the rest of the night.

Today as good as new, she's been a little terror around the house all day. She attacked and killed a marshmellow. Mighty hunter!
    I am pro-Slaughter