The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wedding pics or engagement pics w/your horse?

Hi all,
    My fiance and I are newly engaged and our horse was actually part of the proposal (my fiance tied the ring to his mane!).
    A friend of ours who is a great amateur photog is going to take some photos of us next weekend...for our Christmas card and possibly save the date card.

I was wondering if anyone wants to share their pics so I can get some ideas. I'm contemplating wearing a dress but then again maybe just jeans and something nicer on top. Although I ride english (H/J) my fiance loves his cowboy hat and boots so he'll be wearing that
    My photog doesn't work with horses so i need to explain to him nicely not to use things like a fish eye lens which will turn my TB's face into a mule! It's hard to explain to non-horse people how one angle of a horse can look very very bad...even when the photography is beautiful!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3705979&type=3

Can you see these? That was part of my engagement shoot. The photographer had never worked with horses before, but he did a fantastic job.

There were a bunch of running ones where we chased them around that turned out pretty cool. We also had a few where I hopped up bareback on my Arab (the QH doesn't *do* bareback).

The nicest shot I have seen was both people in jeans and white shirts, each on a horse, walking in a field, horses close together and they are holding hands.

Thanks candysgirl, ys the link works and those are really nice!! Sport, I like your idea too. I think I'm gonna skip the dress idea and go jeans in case I hop up bareback

We used my horse in engagement pictures! I did wear a dress, but made sure it was long enough to work for when I got on bareback. We had my BO give my horse 1 cc of ace beforehand too. It was the perfect amount - he was alert enough, but not spooky, which came in handy when my non-horsey photographer opened an umbrella right in his face! I did ride bareback (no helmet, which was another reason for the ace!) and my fiance led me around for some shots. And then he hopped up behind me for just a minute or two for a couple more pictures. They turned out beautifully!

I just remembered my friends and I did a photo shoot a few years ago, you might get some inspiration. They're not engagement photos, just girls and their horses, but it was a fund day.

http://www.unbridledimagery.com/clie...ewGallery=1268

These are my friends and I (my guy is Comokado). My pics are all on the ground because Mika wasn't broke yet, but the album with the white mare has some awesome wearing a poofy dress on a horse pictures.

I'm jealous. We were going to incorporate my then two horses into our engagement pictures, but we were short on time and they were camped out in the back part of a huge pasture.

I was totally not happy with those horses on that particular day. We won't be able to do wedding pictures with my horse (new year's eve, hour and a half away) but I do plan on getting pictures done with horse, dogs, and hubby.

Only one photo here that I found off of Pinterest. IMO, its an absolute must-do with your horse. So cute!

http://pinterest.com/pin/99923685451772751/