The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by myalter1 View Post
    Showidaho, I did tell Evelyne how i had a bunch of people who had the same exact experiences and word for word repeated the same things that were said to me! LOL
    you are the second person today who told me to start a FB page! Look, I'm not out to destroy their company. I just want my money back.
    You aren't ruining their company...they are! I encourage you to take your fight to Facebook and Twitter! If they care about their reputation, they will deal with it. If not, well, it's not your company, it's theirs!

HOLD the presses!

All is good. They made good on it and we reached an amicable resolution.

Default Which is exactly why I won't buy anything from them

Their customer service stinks. And truthfully, for that amount, there are other saddle makers with much better product and service. And for you A-circuit princesses that just have to have one?? Trust me when I tell you that once you put your butt in the saddle, no judge will ever know who made it.

As many threads on this BB over the last 5 or 6 years, you'd think no one would ever even think about buying one.

Like I said, they made good on it for me. So, I can no longer complain.

I'm glad that you finally have resolution

I must admit that I've been waiting to hear how things went with your saddle situation - FP needs custom saddles & he's sadly up for both a jump & dressage this spring (last years too wide County Innovation is now officially too small in the tree I was hoping he would get through the summer with it ...)

Kid has alway loved the feel of Antares jump saddle so I was just (yesterday ) discussing calling up the local rep - but sadly think I will now pass: it seems that if your horse is an off the rack fit, Antares does OK, but any true custom & I am doomed to disaapointment with the fit & then a nightmare getting any resolution ...

yeah. I will say, when I finally spoke to Eveyne, she was helpful, very apologetic and knew my "file" well.

My horse is NOT off the rack at all, and therein was the problem...

I would submit that Antares is not even good for "off the rack" horses, which mine definitely IS. I mean, the fit was fine, but two broken trees in less than three years for no reason at all is ABSURD.

Two broken trees. That's just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    I would submit that Antares is not even good for "off the rack" horses, which mine definitely IS. I mean, the fit was fine, but two broken trees in less than three years for no reason at all is ABSURD.
    The explanation is obvious:
    your horse has been sneaking out of his stall at night, subverting the lock on the tack room door, bribing the local rats to saddle him up - no bridle, thanks guys - so he could go out & moonlight jump & have a good roll after ...

(truly amazing dedication from those rats that you haven't suspected as much )

(course, your horse, not really so smart - he does not need that saddle for moonlight jumping )

Great to hear, OP.

So
    1) What did Antares do to make it right?

2) Was part of your deal a non-disclosure thing or can you tell us about it?

3) What do you think was the cause of their change of heart?

I think many readers would want to know how best to deal with a saddle company when they find they have a problem. Thanks for letting us learn from your experience.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

Quote Originally Posted by myalter1 View Post
    Two broken trees. That's just amazing.
    Yup, I thought so too. The first time, it broke at the pommel. The second time, it broke at the "waist" of the saddle...basically right where the rider sits. I felt the second break happen, while I was on my horse WALKING. Felt it pop under me, and then, sure enough, heard that telltale squeaking when I picked up a posting trot.

I weigh between 125-130 pounds, depending on the day. I'm not snapping these things with my bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    The explanation is obvious:
    your horse has been sneaking out of his stall at night, subverting the lock on the tack room door, bribing the local rats to saddle him up - no bridle, thanks guys - so he could go out & moonlight jump & have a good roll after ...

(truly amazing dedication from those rats that you haven't suspected as much )

(course, your horse, not really so smart - he does not need that saddle for moonlight jumping )
    You know, I would not put this kind of thing past him. He's a smart cookie. Sometimes too smart for his own good!

we reached a monetary settlement (refund - NOT the full amount). An amount that both parties were agreeable to.

I documented everything. It came down to a he said/she said about the rep's recollection and my own. Evelyne had read all of my emails (I am diligent about putting everything in writing) and I acted immediately when I first got the saddle and it didn't fit. Each of the reps claimed that i didnt take action within the first 7 days (per the Antares warranty) - this was not true and Evelyne confirmed that she had my email from when I first received the saddle and the fit was not right.

She was very apologetic, professional and courteous. I think perhaps we reached the agreement because her reps were negligent in not getting to me in a timely manner (Called in November - finally came in February).

In any event, I am glad that it has resolved. I appreciate Evelyne's manner of resolution, and while I was not happy with the company, I am VERY happy that they decided to do the right thing.

Glad you came to a resolution that you are happy with and I am sorry to hear that it took so long to get to it.

I have an Antares saddle that I am very happy with, but apparently my guy was super easy to fit. The rep was in Florida when I finally decided I wanted to try mine, but he arranged to ship me a saddle to try that worked the first time out. (I knew what size I needed for me based on trying a couple a few months earlier at a show) He did come out to do a custom for another rider at the barn later in the spring and even though I wasn't able to be there, he double checked to make sure everything was still fitting ok.

I'm glad that OP finally got resolution of her problem. It's unfortunate that some companies don't understand the purpose of "good will" and only respond when people go public with their complaints.

One good thing about the internet is that when you find a product that has issues, you can go online and see if others have had the same or similar problems. Without this board, OP might never have had resolution.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

I'm glad that you were able to get some resolution.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I called in NOVEMBER
    Rep comes out February 14th.

She didn't bring any loaner to fit my horse (which I was PROMISED she would.)

She took my defective saddle (needed new padding under the seat and a new seat) and I was told i was going to get a loaner in the mail.

Loaner came that had the same panels that they were going to put on the new custom. THOSE panels didn't fit.

Shipped the loaner saddle back.

if i can wait until March 20th or so, because they want to fly a DIFFERENT rep/fitter to me.

i get an email saying that they stand by their policy, will make me a new saddle.
    But now, the new rep/fitter won't be coming out until March OR April (end of the winter circuit). Which means, that IF this is my only recourse, i wouldn't be actually GETTING the saddle until July or August

The absolute deal killer for me is the timeline: UNacceptable.

Anyone can makes mistakes whether it's the rep that somehow confuses measurements or the manufacture shop or even just shipping out an incorrect saddle ...
    but resolution should be offered in as timely a fashion as possible.

I am just starting to amplify my "issue" with Thierry, if I could actually get through to him. I have a XC monoflap that never fit my horse, either, and the USA office has known this for a long time. In my case the saddle is a 2011 and I stopped riding in it as soon as I figured out how badly it was screwing up my horses back and the domino effect of everything else. The saddle is basically in demo condition.

I'm not sure who the woman was that I recently talked to, but she gave me the same line of BS about not taking the saddle back. I have already threatened to sue if they don't take the saddle back for a full (or very close to full) refund. I wonder how many people are out there that are really pissed off at Antares. I would go for a class action suit.

I almost bought an Antares. The deal killer for me was when the shoulder area was way too tight on all of the saddles they brought, the rep just brushed it off like "oh it's fine, they will just take a little bit of paneling off here and it will be fine..." I asked how long it would take to have one made and they told me 3-4 months!? I was like...yeah, no. After reading this I'm kinda glad I ended up getting the Devoucoux since it fit so well from the start (I did like riding in the Antares slightly better), but I've been happy with it thus far.

Glad you were able to reach an agreement! That does sound like a nightmare though!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Just chiming in to clarify Bruno Delgrange "USA" is actually Bruno Delgrange North America. Jacques Ferland who as always handled Canada now does all of North America (since WEF 2011). We are no longer associated with Paul in CA. Let me know if you have any questions.